hello i just joined the forum. i like computers and i think i would be of some use as a tech but mostly i like programming i'm a real amateur at it but iw ill stop at nothing to learn all i can learn. i like trying new things because i didnt find what i belong to as yet and i was hoping that in time with you guys i will find that out. i've tryed vb for a while i tryed html and c/c++ i tryed some animation so far i like c/c++ and hoping to better my self in that. i have plans to also try SQL , c# and j++.

i have taken a short a+ course before. i have been trying to get into the linux world for a while but too many complications arise. after installation i relized my isp dont support it(i rent my dsl from my isp). so no drivers are avalible. so i didnt really venture futher into it but i'm hoping to soon once i better my self in programming.

sorry i posted in the microsoft forum i didnt find a general one or a newbie one.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Kudos on the Geeks Lounge post. Almost feels like a debate forum.

The thread about abusing powers/computer knowledge??

Saw that already...did we?

Yep - that be the one.

Anyway, welcome fakespike.

Hi this is Frank, i want to join you and learn something from you people.
That's cool you know!

Welcome fakespike ! hey what's the meaning of fakespike ?? I play a game Celtic kings punic wars ... which has one armour named spike armour that was used by the romans.

Hi All
I just dropped by to get at least a "1" on my posting counter here :lol:
I actually am in a bit of bother with my computer setup despite being rated an experienced person on several Forums :o
I'm on these forums almost every day www.answerpool.com,www.discussionpool.com and www.webuser.co.uk
and between them I must have clocked up almost 10000 posts?
That's over about 3 years :D
Unlike this specialized forum, they'll try answer almost any question ;)
I am also an ex Jeeves Answerpoint member ( Anyone remember that site?) Jeeve closed it down and after several false starts 250 of us (enthusiasts) started answering questions on the Brand new Answerpool site (in 2002). Membership is still small @ 2500, but the quality over the old site has been maintained and improved :cool:
I was rated a Bronze enthusiast when AP (as we call it) began. I am now a Diamond Enthusiast (top level) and also been voted "Enthusiast of the Month" for October 2003 :cool:
Stop by any of the above sites and have a lurk around? There's no obligation to sign up

Not to be mean but there is a thread for this meeting and greating and its not always good to bring back fourms form a year and a half ago.

lol geez, how far back did you go to find this thread? old, and stale...

Its the same with the equivalent "Newbie" Threads elsewhere on other forums They lie dead for months, then somebody posts and they are alive for a week or 2 ;)

Nevertheless, it's a walk down memory lane. I remember when fakespike first registered. We had practically no traffic back then, so every new member stood out ;) In any case, now that this thread is revived, I'm going to point you all to our new Introductions forum, where all new members are encouraged to start new threads introducing themselves :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.