It is with great sadness that I make the announcement that Davey (aka happygeek) is stepping down as community administrator of DaniWeb.

You may have noticed that Davey has not been active on the site for a couple of days. Effective immediately, he is stepping down from both of his roles on DaniWeb as both community administrator and head staff writer.

Although he has been trying his best to keep it from his online world, Davey is currently going through an extremely traumatic personal situation, and he feels as if he can no longer continue his roles on DaniWeb.

Perhaps he will be back. (I sure hope so, because I, for one, don't know what the site will do without him!) In the meantime, he really needs to take an extended leave for as long as he needs.

That being said, Narue (Julienne) is stepping up to the plate to replace him as community administrator. I don't think that Narue needs much of an introduction. Julienne has been with DaniWeb since 2004 and has nearly 10,000 posts under her belt, mostly in our C and C++ forums. She is a highly respected member of the community who acted in the capacity of Super Moderator, heading up our moderation team, for a number of years. After stepping down from that role and taking some time to herself, she's now ready to reprise a role on DaniWeb. To be honest, I can't think of a better choice to replace Davey during this very hard time.

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

Congratulations Narue, I know you will be an excellent Admin. Narue is one of the brightest people I know here.

Grats to Narue! Still sorry to see Davey go but I'm glad we are in super-capable hands.

commented: I hate you. +0

Welcome back, Narue.

Davey, best of luck with everything. Our thoughts are with you.

Congrats Naurue for being our new administrator. I felt sad that Davey have to leave us so suddenly, maybe he will be back. How many adminstrators are there in daniweb, maybe we can appoint some mods to be admin too

Welcome back Narue. Looking forward to your subtleties :).

Hope you get things sorted Davey. All the best.

I totally should have got this job... but nooooo... :/

congrats Narue:). Best of luck Davey hoping you will be back to the community soon :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

HappyGeek, has always served Daniweb well.

Real sorry to hear of your personal issues, it's well known that you haven't exactly had an easy ride in life... Nonetheless I hope goes well.

Welcome back to narue.

Given that Davey still has the 'administrator' badge, I'm hopeful that someday he'll start contributing again to the forum; will be waiting for you. :-)

Okaeri nasai Narue. :)

DaniWeb is as big a part of Davey's life and he is of our's. I am hopeful he'll return in some capacity soon. Family, health and personal stuff come first. DaniWeb, a close second ;)

To me daniweb is my second home. Wonder what problem is davey facing now? Maybe we can help him

To me daniweb is my second home. Wonder what problem is davey facing now? Maybe we can help him

Obviously a personal problem that is none of our business. I am sure if he wanted the world to know, he would tell us.

commented: indeed +0
commented: true +0

Thanks everyone for the support, and thanks to Narue for stepping up while I've had to step down for the time being.

I'm glad to say that my absence will only be temporary, I honestly couldn't stay away from DaniWeb for too long. As Eyal has said, DaniWeb is a big part of my life.

I've just got some personal things that need to get sorted out before I can give DaniWeb the 100% it deserves, but as soon as they are resolved I will be right back.

I am hopeful that I can resume my community admin duties next month, although it may well be nearer the end than the beginning...

Once again, thanks everyone for the words of support it really does mean a lot.

Davey

We will always welcome you back davey. As the saying goes, times flies very fast. One month will soon be over and you will join us back in daniweb. I am waiting for that...

I'll be back in a couple of weeks :)

That's great davey, we will welcome you back

It is with great sadness that I make the announcement that Davey (aka happygeek) is stepping down as community administrator of DaniWeb.

You may have noticed that Davey has not been active on the site for a couple of days. Effective immediately, he is stepping down from both of his roles on DaniWeb as both community administrator and head staff writer.

Although he has been trying his best to keep it from his online world, Davey is currently going through an extremely traumatic personal situation, and he feels as if he can no longer continue his roles on DaniWeb.

My Gosh,when i saw this thread i thought the worst Dani..... (On another site im on we just lost the admin.. (She passed away) and we are all very saddend by this.....)

I am sorry Davey is going thru this but im glad he hasnt left us... (Knock on wood)

Congrats Julienne,i know you will do as good a job as David Did :)

Peace and love to all :)

My Gosh,when i saw this thread i thought the worst Dani..... (On another site im on we just lost the admin.. (She passed away) and we are all very saddend by this.....)

I am sorry Davey is going thru this but im glad he hasnt left us... (Knock on wood)

Congrats Julienne,i know you will do as good a job as David Did :)

Peace and love to all :)

Last month we thought we had lost Davey as he was going through some tough personal times. Thankfully though, he has announced that he will resume his role and should be back in full force within the coming weeks. During his absence, the role of community admin was placed in the capable hands of Narue, another DaniWeb legend who has been with us since the beginning of time. Happily, once happygeek returns, we'll have two super stars guiding the ship.
DW News Letter
Cheeeerssss!

commented: Cheers to you +0
commented: Thanks for the kind words. They sure deserve it. +0

Yes that we will my friend :)

I'm back...

I'm back...

Welcome back, Davey!

Welcome back, Davey! :)

I'm back...

Woot! :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Good news.

Good to see you :)

Welcome back :)

I'm back too... just saying.. XD

I'm back...

Oh im so glad David,i was worred about ya buddy!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.