I tried to report a duplicate thread in vb6, got this message -

AndreRet, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any idea why? I have been off for almost a year, back again to support...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

We have been recently hit with a spam wave which resulted in the admins banning a few IP ranges to stop the onslaught. It's a possiblity that your IP address was caught in the cross-fire and hence shows the given message.

Once the admins are online, they should be able to have a look and bring things back to normal. Nothing serious here. :-)

Thanks for the reply Sanjay. Will wait for the admins to sort. :)

In the meantime: Could you post the link to the thread you're trying to report?

Thanx Nick, and hello again. 8|

this is the FIRST post, user then replied (carried on) on THIS thread.

Member Avatar for diafol

Andre! Waar het jy al?

Aweh Mr, Sarcastic himself! Don't wanna talk to you, we lost the rugby world cup, makes you my enemy for 4 years!!! ;) (Congrats)

Nah man, been busy growing my business, hopefully back now for good. Nice to see all my old (literally and figuratively spoken) friends are still here. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.