is it possible to add a functionality to 'flag a bad pm', like the 'flag bad post'?
I just got this pm

Dear associate,
The bank directors mandated me to look for any known relation of our late client who deposited a enormous amount of money in our bank without claim; I don’t want this money to go into our treasury as unclaimed bills, the banking law and guidelines here stipulate that if such money remains unclaimed after eight years, I am authorized to preparing documents officially to prove that this money have been transferred to out treasure, this will be between me and you, the request of foreigner is occasioned by the fact the depositor was a foreigner, In appreciation of your assistance, I request you send to me your direct phone number for easy communication, and reply me through my private email address (kwasichambers@live.com or thelawuwellcome@gmail.com )for more confidentiality, waiting to read from you soon,
Thanks,
Barrister Kwasi Yeboah

from kwasiy, someone who never posted but apparently just joined daniweb to send pm's like this.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There already is: look for the exclamation mark (!) inside a red triangle towards the top right.

As for kwasiy, dealt with - thanks :)

I Just wanted to say the same thing. I didn't realise that was that icon's purpose - could it possible have aTextual Tag added to it, so we know what it's for in the future?

I was coming here to post the EXACT same thing, on the same spammer - but thank you for the ino, Davey.

That's a good photo, BTW,

I got another, similar one from http://www.daniweb.com/members/itmind7/927895

Dear Sir Can you give me your yahoo Email ID. so i can add you on my friend list

It just seems PHISHY to me.

I would also like to note, that I was only notified of the post by email today, 6th feb 2012. The PMs are dated Dec 11 2011.

Something funny, there. Obviously, this thread is only 50 minutes old (at time of posting). So the dates on the PM's are weird.

I got the same message from the same guy but i checked his status and it says 'banned' so i know its under control.

There already is: look for the exclamation mark (!) inside a red triangle towards the top right.

As for kwasiy, dealt with - thanks :)

ah, will use that one next time :)
thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.