How you you make a comment using the new forum? Half the time my text following the comment is included in the shading for the comment.
The mechanism for adding a comment seems awkward. On many other forums you could click a button, paste the comment and click the button again to end the comment.

Quoted Text Here
This is pasted
Quoted Text Here
I clicked, pasted the text and clicked again and get the above.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You need to leave a blank line between the quote and your own text.

The mechanism for adding a comment seems awkward.

It will be improved upon. Don't worry.

It will be improved upon. Don't worry.

Ms Dani, i didn't understand, how this voting thing works.

My assumption (Correct me if i am wrong)

1. For just thumbing down or thumbing up, we just need to click on the arrows, and forget about vote and comment part.

2. For adding reps, we type a comment and then click vote and comment, but how to figure out what we r doing?? I mean how to choose if it is positive or negative??

I just typed a comment on your first post and it automatically assumed it is a positive vote.
Then on the second post, it automatically assumed it is a negative vote.
I didn't quiet understand how this works. And i had the option to revert the vote(Something you only had the right in earlier version), so i am not sure, if i added a rep or just a up vote.....

Please don't mind the vote i have added for your post, just to showcase.....

The difference isn't immediately obvious, but if you hover over the up arrow to get a comment box then the box represents positive rep. If you hover over the down array, it represents negative rep.

Once we work out the list of bugs, I think a decent UI change would be to show either an up arrow or down arrow on that comment box to make it clear exactly what kind of rep you're applying.

if you hover over the up arrow to get a comment box then the box represents positive rep. If you hover over the down array, it represents negative rep.

Ok! Thanks for that.... Well one more doubt, are users allowed to take back the reps too... That right was reserved for Ms dani in last version!!

Well one more doubt, are users allowed to take back the reps too... That right was reserved for Ms dani in last version!!

Dani was kind enough to give the rest of us that ability. Any verified member can undo reputation.

Dani was kind enough to give the rest of us that ability. Any verified member can undo reputation.

Yes I can confirm that works for non-staff members because I tried it to test something else earlier today.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.