Hi. Not sure if I've posted this on the right forum but I can't log into Daniweb through Google Chrome. Firefox and IE are fine but for some reason I get the below message. I've cleared the cache and enabled cookies etc. What else could I do. Thanks.

**An Error Was Encountered
There was a problem accessing your current session. Sessions automatically time out after a couple hours of inactivity. Also, please ensure you have cookies enabled by your web browser.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What version of Chrome? This might be a stupid question, but did you make sure cookies are enabled?

What version of Chrome? This might be a stupid question, but did you make sure cookies are enabled?

:)

Latest version... Not sure what version that is but downloaded it about a day and a half ago.
For Windows XP>
My previous post

I've cleared the cache and enabled cookies etc. What else could I do. Thanks.

Make sure cookies are enabled, and that the login form wasn't from a page that was sitting idle for 6+ hours. Also, are you going through a proxy server? Any weird Chrome extensions installed?

Oh, also ... are you able to perform a site search??

No chrome extensions installed and good question, I can't use site search. It goes to the same error screen. I have cleared the cache several times and cookies are enabled.
I'm assuming the fact that I can't use site search tells you something.
Thanks again for coming back.
danny2000

Shoot, I know what the problem is. Unfortunately you're going to need to clear your cookies to fix it.

I've cleared the cookies. Still hasn't worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.