Am just editing a news story (How to disable SIM-killing USSD PUK attack that has spread to all Androids) and cannot upload accompanying image. Get the following: "A problem was encountered while attempting to move the uploaded file to the final destination."

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I just got the same error message when I tried to upload a file. Also, why can't I upload *.cpp files (The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed)

Hello!

I seem to have a bit of a problem here. I deleted my old avatar ( to search for one of a better quality ) and now I can not upload the new avatar.

Uppon saving the avatar, I receive the error message:

"There was a problem moving the image to it's final destination"

Paraphrasing, of course.

Hmm, I'll have to take a look at this. Is the problem still happening? Also, I just double-checked, and there should never have been a problem uploading cpp files.

Are you getting the error regardless of whether starting a new thread, replying to an existing thread, or editing a thread?? <= Super important to know :)

I think I have an idea what the problem was ...

Testing testing 1-2-3

Still doesn't work with *.cpp or *.h files. And I get the same error when I try it on a new thread. Works with jpg as you can see

e filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.

Indeed, at replying to a thread, when trying to upload a .cpp file it yels the following error: The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.

Hmm, AD, that image looks broken to me :(

Hmm, AD, that image looks broken to me :(

It was a flower, with red petals, used to work fine, for the last half an hour.

That's so odd ... I'm looking in the database and that post doesn't even say it ever had an attachment.

AD, can you try again. I can't bug test this because only certain users are affected in not being able to upload, and I'm not one of them.

It's my fault, I deleted the jpg attachment after I found out that it worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.