$ telnet irc.daniweb.com 6667
Trying 74.53.219.225...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

$ telnet irc.daniweb.com 6697
Trying 74.53.219.225...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Down since yesterday. Any chance this could be fired up again?

On a related note, what happened to the old installation? The last few months have seen a completely new installation of unreal and services, requiring everyone to re-register their nicks, and I even had to register #daniweb to maintain ops in the channel.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Didn't even know there was a DaniWeb IRC :o

Member Avatar for diafol

Is it busy?

Member Avatar for diafol

I saw that and followed John A's link. It was really quiet - like an empty grave in a quiet corner of Quietsville.

lol!

I didn't know there was an irc server here, I've registered my nick but John the chan is still in use?

Depends on your definition of "in use". But yes, occasionally people will say something. It has gotten pretty quiet since all mention of the channel was removed from the site a couple years ago.

commented: ok, thanks for reply :) +0

Whats the best method to connect to this out of interest / some alternative methods? The original link I found in the old thread to an online client is blocked at work.

Hmm seems my proxy servers are going to interfere with any desktop client :(

Doing that requires knowing the proxies, off the top of my head I know we have at least three that I could be going through, and I don't know the addresses on those proxies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.