Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hi

I haven't been on Daniweb for the past few days. I notice that when I scroll down to read threads I see members profile on the bottom of each page of each section. I found it very uncomfortable seeing my profile on couple of pages. I just feel weird.

Is there a purpose to have a member profile on the bottom of each page of each section?

Is it possible to remove my profile from all of the section and let another member take my spot?

If you can do that then I will be very happy.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I think it has to do something with the skill endorsement feature

I think it has to do something with the skill endorsement feature

I can't find any thread about images on the bottom and what's it for.

I just want to remove my profile from all of the pages.

I haven't been on Daniweb lately so this is new to me.

Well, it could represent the most popular people of those topics... I mean there is nothing wrong with it...
YOU ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE REFLECTED AS A PRO, SO ENJOY IT!
But yes, this update seems super sudden (only if you didn't notice it)

Well, it could represent the most popular people of those topics... I mean there is nothing wrong with it...
YOU ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE REFLECTED AS A PRO, SO ENJOY IT!
But yes, this update seems super sudden (only if you didn't notice it)

<MICHAEL>

I'm a very private person. I prefer being quiet and alone. But when I'm on Daniweb I prefer laying low and learning stuff and helping members, being popular is not something I want.

I'm a very private person. I prefer being quiet and alone

You sound like me, sometimes :)

This is quite normal thinking for techies in general. Their satisfaction comes from problem solving. Sales people generally like these sorts of accolades because their achievements very rarely have long term recognition.

This can be seen in the differences of how they operate in their work environment.

Sales people need very positive beliefs about themselves, a strong belief in whatever it is they are selling, and that they have a productive relationship with their customer, so their Customer would need to think something of them too. You can likely see the role of ego flowing through this.

Engineers, their knowledge, interest, and creativity is what gives them satisfaction. All an engineer needs is a challenging problem. They flock to forums like this to share their knowledge and experience for free. So, the greater the challenges a forum has, the greater variety in calibre of engineer. If there are forums that are known for effective help, and to be a reservoir of good information, then they become popular for that reason.

A sales person wants to be the deal clincher, and thrive on competition. Engineers can work together, share methods, and enjoy learning.

But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't like to be compared to anyone, nor thought to be better or worse than anyone else - I know that nobody knows everything, and that especially applies to me. :-)

Im pretty sure it is the top kudos member for the page your looking at. Hovering over the image lists kudos amount and they are in descending order, left to right.

Does leave me with a sense of pride that the only member that has kudos in XML, XSLT and XPATH :)

ales people need very positive beliefs about themselves, a strong belief in whatever it is they are selling, and that they have a productive relationship with their customer, so their Customer would need to think something of them too. You can likely see the role of ego flowing through this.

I'm not selling anything. I just don't like see my profile appearing on the bottom of PHP or CSS.

Im pretty sure it is the top kudos member for the page your looking at. Hovering over the image lists kudos amount and they are in descending order, left to right.

I don't feel that I'm a top kudos in the section at all.

This image on the bottom is something caught me by surprise.

I just really feel very uncomfortable scrolling down the thread and seeing my profile.

Does this image on the bottom rotate at all? It seem like it doesn't

Is there a option in my profile to disable this image?

I really don't like it.

This is something I didn't expect at all.

LastMitch, I was agreeing with you! :-)

You are definitely not selling anything. You're the kinda guy who simply enjoys what your are doing.

My post was my informed opinion on why these measures are used in certain settings. Up voting people, that's okay because that's dealing with a situation - but parading people seems a little patronising, y'know, as if we needed it...

I've gone ahead and changed the setting to not show the top endorsed members who have chosen to remain invisible in their member profiles. LastMitch, you currently are NOT set to invisible status so you will want to change that.

If you are a private person who prefers laying low while on DaniWeb, then you will want to change your settings to invisible. :)

Please note that the list of members is cached and it can take up to a day for you to no longer appear.

commented: Thank You +0

@Dani

I've gone ahead and changed the setting to not show the top endorsed members who have chosen to remain invisible in their member profiles. LastMitch, you currently are NOT set to invisible status so you will want to change that.

I appreciated you changing the setting. I will change my status. Thanks! You are a very nice person.

If you are a private person who prefers laying low while on DaniWeb, then you will want to change your settings to invisible. :)

You're right about the check box. It was uncheck I thought I check it. So I check it now.

Thanks again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.