i am facing problem with menu when i click Hardware&software then we not see the drop down menu item list .when i click hardware&software then community center drop down items only i select but Hardware & Software drop down not see and i am not share any post there
can any one help me

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Sorry I'm having trouble understanding you, but to see the drop down menu you must hover your mouse over the icon, not click it.

What browser are you using and is anything on it outdated?

What I think he's saying is similar to a problem another user raised a little while back.

Under certain desktop layouts, typically tablets or rotatable displays, the Community button sits beneath the Hardware & Software button. So that, when a pointer hovers over the Hardware & Software button, the first few items on the dropdown menu is obscured by the Community button sitting below the Hardware & Software button.

I can't access those menu items either, but I don't mind using the general Hardware & Software button.

Under certain desktop layouts, typically tablets or rotatable displays, the Community button sits beneath the Hardware & Software button. So that, when a pointer hovers over the Hardware & Software button, the first few items on the dropdown menu is obscured by the Community button sitting below the Hardware & Software button.

Usually that's a zoom problem that's easily corrected, but if it's on a tablet and you don't have control over it, a workaround is to go to the home page where there's a list of all top level forums on the right hand column.

I suppose the next question is, what can be done about it? :)

The display on the tablet is being adjusted to account for the portrait layout, or as with some rotatable displays they compensate for potential page layouts. So, I wonder if it being described as a zoom problem is an over-simplification, not saying you are wrong, but that it is something the user has no convenient control over. Could it be more a consequence of the evolution of the Web's interface?

So, I wonder if it being described as a zoom problem is an over-simplification

The "zoom problem" description is in reference to desktop browsers. Tablets are a completely different beast, and I would wager that fixing the problem there would involve catering to the tablet browsers in question with conditional HTML/CSS, and possibly even having cases for different tablets due to varying aspect ratio.

I'm not dismissing the problem by any means, I just think solving it is impractical at present given the variance in tablets and installed browsers as well as the very small minority of members using tablets (sorry Davey).

However, if anyone who is having trouble with a tablet wants to reply to this thread or PM me with the make and model of their tablet as well as the browser having a problem, I can compile a list of them and look into how much effort would really be involved.

Mayb a problem with yo browser or internet connectivity: page is not loading correctly!

@deceptikon : check this problem.I think so they are referring to this
3d9e7f76cceaa05b18209adc98415cf6

hmm, I had that issue with windows 8 (IE). I just reseted my computer and it was alright. You can also just zoom in once, it will re-adjust.

Check this also,this is also troubling me. 358aa6de4e594ee1eaa90aa5fec07e93

Edit:- Just checked i changed my zom level some time back to 90%.I thought movement of comunity center as change in UI.

So are you saying that there is no change when you zoom out/in?

after changing zoom level to 100% it was fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.