Hello guys,

There's always been this queston on my mind: Why doesn't the website auto add the threads you reply to as watched articles? Is this functionality meant for any other purpose? In my opinion, the reply action in a thread should work like facebook (i know... i know...): replying automatically subscribes you to the thread, until the user selects the "unsubscribe" ("stop watching this article", "remove me from the subsribe list", etc.) option.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's an option in your profile - Automatically Watch Articles I Post In

Well... uhh... silly me!

I had been away such a long time, i didn't ever notice when that option was added. Thanks!

I had been away such a long time, i didn't ever notice when that option was added.

It's always been there. ;) Under vBulletin the feature was called thread subscription in your control panel's options section, and under Daniweb's custom system it's automatically watching articles from your edit profile page. We added that feature before the migration from vBulletin to the current system.

never even noticed it was there... Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.