pritaeas
mod_pritaeas
11,315 posts since Jul 2006
Reputation Points: 1,420 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1,835 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 156 [?]
Featured
Sponsor

I thought this was discussed somewhere, but I can't find the thread.

I've updated my authorization to the one you gave me Dani. If I now start my DwArticleWatch after a while (about 2 hours, but unconfirmed) I get an error message that curl failed. I think the access token has timed out at that point (or the session associated with it). If I reload the authorization page, and go back to the watch, it works again. Do I need to implement a refresh method? Looks like it breaks earlier then the mentioned 24 hours.

Member Avatar
pritaeas
mod_pritaeas
Featured
Sponsor

Great. Trying to reproduce, but now it keeps running... 3.5 hours so far.

Member Avatar
Dani
The Queen of DaniWeb
20,568 posts since Feb 2002
Reputation Points: 1,356 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 931 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 204 [?]
Administrator
Featured
Sponsor

You need to give me something to reproduce. However, without looking at anything, this is the flow:

• Make request to /api/oauth
  • Depending on if end-user previously authorized at any time in the past, they will be asked to authorize and then you'll get a code, or you'll just directly get a code
  • Code can be exchanged only one-time for access token and refresh token with call to /api/access_token; Access token has 24 hour lifespan and refresh token has infine lifespan (unless end-user manually revokes it)
  • Subsequent calls to /api/access_token allow you to exchange your permanent refresh token for an access token whenever you need it; Each access token is good for 24 hours; Refresh tokens have infinite lifespans and can be exchanged at any time, as many times as you need
Member Avatar
pritaeas
mod_pritaeas
Featured
Sponsor

Haven't used the refresh token yet, and the code is still running. So never mind for now.

Member Avatar
Dani
The Queen of DaniWeb
20,568 posts since Feb 2002
Reputation Points: 1,356 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 931 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 204 [?]
Administrator
Featured
Sponsor

You only need to use the refresh token for offline apps (when you need access to an active access token at a time when the user is not online and you can't send them through the flow).

Question Answered as of 1 Month Ago by Dani
You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: