Sorry, this is a little bit late. I'm just curious regarding your thoughts on the blog comment order: do you find that the benefits of being able to quickly see the latest comments on a particular blog entry outweigh the disadvantages of having to read everything backwards, now that blog comments are in reverse-chronological order?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It took a little getting used to here, but I like it now to be honest.

But then I read all the blogs on a regular basis, so there is no need for me to be scrolling backwards through the comment list if you see what I mean.

Having the most recent comment at the top of the pile is something that a number of blog systems do now.

It just seems terribly illogical for a blogging system like DaniWeb to have it, given that the average blog entry only has 2-3 comments. On a system like YouTube, hundreds of comments are posted on the same video, so it makes a bit more sense. But then what am I doing, comparing YouTube to DaniWeb?

Anyway, not everyone reads the blogs all the time. And for myself personally, I find it terribly confusing. I was just wondering if anyone else found it this way. (Judging by the response so far, I'm wondering if anyone even reads the blogs here...)

But then what am I doing, comparing YouTube to DaniWeb?

hah.. seems like a dis on Daniweb to me.. ;)

(Judging by the response so far, I'm wondering if anyone even reads the blogs here...)

The only blog I have read is Jbennet's about MACs. However, perhaps I should start my own blog =)
Do the blogs all have to be technical? Or can some by more like current events.. geared towards discussions in the Geek's lounge?

And anyway, I agree with Joe that the comments should be in chronological order. Not many people do read the blogs, and those who do don't always reply..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.