I had an email forwarded to me today by our Office Manager that looked very convincing and I at least wanted to give everyone a heads up on this:

am pleased to announce that Homer Laughlin China Co. has been selected for the 2008 Best of Newell Award in the Importers category by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA). 

In recognition of your achievement, a 2008 Best of Newell Award plaque has been designed for display at your place of business. You may arrange to have your award sent directly to Homer Laughlin China Co. by following the simple steps on the 2008 Best of Newell Award order form. Simply copy and paste this link into your browser to access the order form: 

The USLBA "Best of Local Business" Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the USLBA identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community. 

Also, a copy of the press release publicizing the selection of Homer Laughlin China Co. is posted on the USLBA website. USLBA hereby grants Homer Laughlin China Co. a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display this press release in any media formats and through any media channels. 

In order to provide you with the best possible service, you have been assigned an award code that can be used on our website for quick access to your award information and press release. If you have any questions or comments, please include this code with your correspondence. 

Your award code is: #########

Sincerely, 

Ashley Carter 
Selection Committee Chair 
U.S. Local Business Association

I looked in on these folks and it the site was registered via Godaddy in December and the BBB has nothing on them yet. I realize that most of us would discard something like this quickly, but it seems that they are targeting small business owners and managers rather than the IT folks. Just wanted to give an FYI.

Dan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

good catch, thx for the heads up.

Sometimes it takes time for the BBB to showcase companies on their site.
Of course, becoming a member would expedite that quicker.

pls send me mention awarded letter.

• Awarded with Best Collection Executive for the month of June 2006.

• Awarded with Best Sales Executive (Kanpur Zone) in the month of Jan 2008.

• Awarded with Best Sales Coordinator in Corporate Sales for the month of October 2008.

commented: Awarded Least Coherent Post July 2010 +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.