I often think to myself....wow, I hate my job and the people I work for! I sometimes think I hate it so much that everyday I have at work is a bad day. I thought it would be fun to compare some of my bad day experiences with other peoples bad days. Then perhaps my bad day would not seem that bad......Anyone care to join? I will start:

I have three immediate bosses. One boss wants this done, another wants that done, while the third will say forget what the others said and do what I ask you to do. A bit confusing, but rather than all of them talk it out, they decide to complain about me not getting it all done at the same time! That happens often, but it was really bad yesterday! That was my bad day, who is next?

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

my worst day was the day I damaged my back badly enough that I now have a chronic back condition to top off my chronic bad knee (the accident which caused that was the worst I've ever had before).

my worst day was the day I damaged my back badly enough that I now have a chronic back condition to top off my chronic bad knee (the accident which caused that was the worst I've ever had before).

Boy oh Boy thats a bad day

As for itdupius,happens to me also quite often,and yeah it sucks seeing im a person that doesnt have too much patiens but I do like to laugh alot.so whenever it happens to me I just think of something silly happening to that person while his lecturing to me...like his pants drop's [thats my favorite one]and walk away with a smile

Ohk here I go-To do something for a Boss[in limited time]

Professionally?

I would say my first IT job. I had been in the process of redeveloping a manufacturer to end user E-commerce site with several manufacturers, each one being different and having their own scheme. The site was originally done in asp, then OS Commerce(if you've never had to work with OS-Commerce, it's literally like a plate of spaghetti) and I was converting it to straight PHP, MySQL. Anyway, with about a week's worth of work left, the CEO(very small company) jumped the gun and reported to several investors that it would be done by the next day. Hmm :-O That ended up being the longest work day I've ever had, came out to about 20 hours straight (Ya, I liked my job). You ever write so much code that by the end of the day you feel like you are drowning in it and you find yourself staring through your monitor? That was me.

My worst day ever was when I my ex-wife confessed to cheating. -.-

Boy oh Boy thats so so a bad Day

I've had some bad days but I dont think any of my were as bad as some of yours!

Unless, you count when I got hit by a car when I was 5 but I dont remember much about that so I dont think it counts lol

Ya, I went through the same thing and in my case, after 7 years now I can say that it was one of my best days.

Ya, I went through the same thing and in my case, after 7 years now I can say that it was one of my best days.

yeah its been about 7 years since my sep/div too. maybe its just me but I am finding it hard to re-commit again. am not trying to have another "bad day" lol

now do you blame me for having more than one girl.good and bad always gets together,Im tyred of being the good guy

more than one girl at once. IMPRESSIVE!

well, i guess as humans whenever we feel extremely bad about sth no matter how complicated or silly it is we call that day the worst day ever, as for me, i can't recall when i last said this is my worst day because i haven't been so happy at work for the last few months, so for me everyday at work is considered a bad day, however, since i work in a radio station when i make a mistake on air that i know thousands of people heard including my employers, that day would be a really bad day for me.

well, i guess as humans whenever we feel extremely bad about sth no matter how complicated or silly it is we call that day the worst day ever, as for me, i can't recall when i last said this is my worst day because i haven't been so happy at work for the last few months, so for me everyday at work is considered a bad day, however, since i work in a radio station when i make a mistake on air that i know thousands of people heard including my employers, that day would be a really bad day for me.

hope things get better for ya.

hope things get better for ya.

hope so too, so what about your worst day ?

my worst day was the 31st December 2007...

my worst day was the 31st December 2007...

You making me curious....what heppened?

I've had some bad days but I dont think any of my were as bad as some of yours!

Unless, you count when I got hit by a car when I was 5 but I dont remember much about that so I dont think it counts lol

OF COURSE IT COUNTS WHEN YOU WERE HIT BY A CAR!!! How many people can say that they have been hit by a car? That must have been a pretty bad day!

for sittas87 ...
I lost my very dear person, my best friend!!! =(

for sittas87 ...
I lost my very dear person, my best friend!!! =(

:( how sad.

Oh thats really sad But think of it this way he/she is infact @ a better place now.

we all just human

I think my worst day was at 3:00 am trying to climb Mt. Rainier. We had made it to base camp by about 3 pm, melted snow on campfires (no running water nearby), and slept until mid-night (slept with the water in sleeping bag so it would not freeze - do not sleep with cloths in bag as they get soggy). The snow had frozen so we had to use ice axes and crampons to get up another 500 feet and then this wind came out of nowhere - I swear the smaller climbers in down-jackets started to catch air and fall up! We had to huddle in groups of 4 with at least one person in each group roped to another group (we all kept ourselves roped in groups of 4 or 5). After a couple hours, the wind died down a bit and we made our way back to base camp. From there we packed up our tents (at least 2 of the tents had not been anchored well enough and had blown down into a crevasse) and made our way back down, exhausted. I am going to start a "Best day ever" thread because earlier that evening was probably my best day ever - a true Maslow peak experience (no pun intended - hmm, or was it?).

I think my worst day was at 3:00 am trying to climb Mt. Rainier. We had made it to base camp by about 3 pm, melted snow on campfires (no running water nearby), and slept until mid-night (slept with the water in sleeping bag so it would not freeze - do not sleep with cloths in bag as they get soggy). The snow had frozen so we had to use ice axes and crampons to get up another 500 feet and then this wind came out of nowhere - I swear the smaller climbers in down-jackets started to catch air and fall up! We had to huddle in groups of 4 with at least one person in each group roped to another group (we all kept ourselves roped in groups of 4 or 5). After a couple hours, the wind died down a bit and we made our way back to base camp. From there we packed up our tents (at least 2 of the tents had not been anchored well enough and had blown down into a crevasse) and made our way back down, exhausted. I am going to start a "Best day ever" thread because earlier that evening was probably my best day ever - a true Maslow peak experience (no pun intended - hmm, or was it?).

so exhausting, good thing u're ok now, i guess your best day would be the morning after that louzy night since you could make it and survive after all!!

but u know sth, camping days are really unforgettable and they're somehow very special no matter how good or bad they were there would still be sth special about them.

GrimJack,

That sounds like a trip that would never seem to end. Weather conditions that bad always seem to make time stand still........glad your okay!

commented: friendly and dedicated-good job +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.