Did that get your attention? Good :mrgreen:

I have a strange question and I feel stupid asking it. My brother broke up with this girl who I think is nuts. She has a web page she writes a journal-thing on, and also on the page is one of those "chat- strips" where you can type "live" to her, or sit and gab? It has any name you want to put at the moment for yourself, and it will give the first 9 digits of the person's IP address leaving the last 3 masked like this: 44.444.44.*

I'm supposed to go over to this girl's place and get some things my bro left there that are kind of valuable. BUT I've been reading her page, and I swear she' gone off the deep end and is posting/talking/fighting with herself. She really is like this. There have been about 68 entries on this chat strip, most all telling her how wonderful and beautiful and terrific she is, but some calling her horrible names and picking fights with her. All entries have the same 2 IP addresses, all of them. With the last 3 numbers masked. She works in one town and spends weekends at her sister's place in another town. I connected the dots, and I see what's going on. I don't want to go over there and get my bro's things because we're taking CooCoo here. Someone I won't name said well, if 10 people she knows in this one town are posting to her, they could all have the same first 9- digits of an IP? It doesn't mean it's all her. And so what if it shifts back to this other 9-digit IP when she's home, and is the other one when she would be at her sister's? Her friends are all there. I said any 9-digit IP has 255 (is it?) numbers for the remaining 3 numbers, then it wouldn't be "that" 9 digits any more and the % of everyone this girl knows including people posting from her college (!) having the same one is uh...nah. She's flipped, and he, I mean the person argueing with me won't believe me and wants his stuff back. I refuse to go over there. Can someone back me up here? I'd be happy to mail this little chat strip thing to you to read, I just feel like I'm in High School with this stuff, but she really is freaking out on her web page here and I'm not that smart to be 1000% sure. Just 999%. It's kind of fun, since I was much too serious and mature for this crap in H.S., and now I'm certainly not

thanks to all !
Wren

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I find myself wondering why YOU have to be the one to go get it. But anyway, the only thing you can tell from the IP your describing is that they are both most certainly using the same ISP. If you're in a very small town I suppose this is possibly a coincidence, in a larger city, highly unlikely.

Hiya ;)

My bro went thru hell with this girl, and he sure tried to get the stuff back. It's been a while and after a lot of unpleasantness she "agreed" to give it to me. He's about 2 hours away and I'm not too far.

It's being posted from two big towns, and I agree with you. It's still going on and getting worse. Someone posted to her today (from one of the IPs, minus the last 3 digits) saying things I couldn't even fathom someone saying. Within seconds a "friend" (same IP) posted how terrific she was and how much fun they had with her last night. I think we decided to forget the stuff and his phone # changes as of Wednesda. Since you agree it's proof enough...thanks! Ah, true love.... :cheesy:

I find myself wondering why YOU have to be the one to go get it. But anyway, the only thing you can tell from the IP your describing is that they are both most certainly using the same ISP. If you're in a very small town I suppose this is possibly a coincidence, in a larger city, highly unlikely.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.