I knew there was something fake about that woman. She's an actress, not a politician.

On Palin from a fellow Alaskan.
Like many Alaskans, I resent Palin’s claims that she speaks for all of us, and cringe when she tosses off her stump speech line, “Well, up in Alaska, we….” Not only did I not vote for her, she represents the antithesis of the Alaska I love. As mayor, she helped shape Wasilla into the chaotic, poorly planned strip mall that it is; as governor, she’s promoted that same headlong drive toward development and despoilment on a grand scale, while paying lip service to her love of the place.

As for that frontierswoman shtick, take another look at that hairpiece-augmented beehive and those stiletto heels. Coming from a college-educated family, living in a half-million-dollar view home, basking in a net worth of $1.25 million, and having owned 40-some registered motorized vehicles in the past two decades (including 17 snowmobiles and a plane) hardly qualifies Palin and her clan as the quintessential Joe Six-Pack family unit — though the adulation from that quarter shows the Palins must be fulfilling some sort of role-model fantasy.

Palin can claim to know Alaska; the fact is, she’s seen only a minuscule fraction of it — and that doesn’t include Little Diomede Island, the one place in Alaska where you actually can see Russia. So she can ride an ATV and shoot guns. Set her down in the bush on her own and I bet we’d discover she’s about as adept at butchering a moose and building a fire at 40 below zero as she is at discussing Supreme Court decisions. And that mountain-woman act is only the tip of a hollow iceberg.

Palin, and by extension, the McCain campaign, has hijacked our state for political purposes, much to the chagrin of the tens of thousands of Alaskans who loathe what she stands for. Her much-touted popularity among residents has eroded over the past six weeks to somewhere in the mid-60s — not exactly what you’d expect in support of a home girl making a White House run.

There are no doubt a variety of reasons for this decline, but many Alaskans are embarrassed — not just by her, but for our state and for ourselves. What’s with the smug posturing, recently adopted fake Minnesota accent, and that gosh-darn-it hockey mom pitch? Maybe it plays well in Peoria (and presumably Duluth), but it’s all an act. “She’s definitely put on a new persona since she’s been a vice-presidential candidate,” says Kertulla, who has worked closely with Palin for the past 18 months. “I don’t even recognize her.”
---
Want to talk to Sarah? As governor, she has been accessible only on her carefully chosen terms, a trend we’re now witnessing on the national stage. And how about those Katie Couric moments when she drifts just a skosh off a well-rehearsed script? Are those a recent phenomenon, brought on by all this new information, pressure and the liberal-gotcha media? Nah. She’s been spouting “political gibberish” (to quote gubernatorial opponent Andrew Halcro) since she arrived on the Alaska scene. Yet somehow she continues to get away with it.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/10/11/sarah_palin_alaska/?source=newsletter

Recommended Answers

All 57 Replies

Well, Sarah Palin is much like Ronald Reagan, who was an actor too! He made a wonderful super conservative president.

Well, Sarah Palin is much like Ronald Reagan, who was an actor too! He made a wonderful super conservative president.

I hope that's sarcasm. If you actually think Palin would be a good president...

I do like Miss Palin, she has single- handedly done more damage to the Republican ticket than anyone could imagine in their wildest dreams. Good work Sarah! Keep it up!

What I find funny is that the worst epithets that apply to Palin apply equally if not moreso to Obama.

Keep 'em coming!

commented: so true. +16

Can we skip this McCain/Obama shenanigan and vote straight for Sarah Palin for President? ;)

What I find funny is that the worst epithets that apply to Palin apply equally if not moreso to Obama.
Keep 'em coming!

Here are some talking about how fake Sarah Palin, when they support the biggest of all fakes.
October surprise.

Keep 'em coming!

I don't think Obama has claimed to speak for AK, field-dress a moose, or read all the newspapers (though I bet he does actually reads newspapers - have you noticed how similar to Bush Palin is in her responses). What I find funny is the Republican dance around the failing campaign of 'Maverick' that has so many corporate brands on him.

Can we skip this McCain/Obama shenanigan and vote straight for Sarah Palin for President? ;)

Spoken like a true 'ditto head'.

Here are some talking about how fake Sarah Palin, when they support the biggest of all fakes.
October surprise.

Nothing in there but more crap. All you got left is smears but even that is turning your own party against you. The cries of "kill him", "N***", and "sit down, boy" heard at Palin rallies shows the level of support that you are going for.

Here is the rebuttal page

>Nothing in there but more crap.
I suppose that's for the Courts to decide.

>All you got left is smears but even that is turning your own party against you.
And which party is that?
Ironically, it is a democrat the one bringing the law sue to him.

>Here is the rebuttal page
That rebuttal page was addressed in the video, but obviously you didn't watched more than a few seconds, so you could rush and make a comment over here.

Just plain old smear and hate. This kind of stuff turns the USA into a DSA.

WOULD YOU BUY A USED CAR FROM THIS MAN?

C'mon!, anyone? Can I encourage you, by reminding you that this will be a car with the "best inflated set of tires" that you would ever own?

Just plain old smear and hate. This kind of stuff turns the USA into a DSA.

Don't see smear. Public knowledge, just not very well disseminated. Did you notice who sponsored the add?
Hate? Only for what he stands for.

Jean Michelle Jarre is a fraud. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3SMB-YQ56s (two minutes in, complements to Aia)

I had never heard of Bill Bailey but he is damn good (I disagree with his assessment of J-M J but...). I am keeping that link.

C'mon!, anyone? Can I encourage you, by reminding you that this will be a car with the "best inflated set of tires" that you would ever own?

Don't see smear. Public knowledge, just not very well disseminated. Did you notice who sponsored the add?
Hate? Only for what he stands for.

Notice whose name she will use in her donations to Planned Parenthood? heh,heh much more fun that a bunch of republicans calling themselves democrats.

I don't know; I kind of like that Royalties from Hannitie and colms themesong support planned parenthood in Sarah palin's name. The gift that keeps on giving - I just love it.

Bush is poor excuse for President, but yet 20% of voters still support him. Probably the same 20% that will support Sara Palin, fraud or not. No sense to argue any further.

No sense to argue any further.

Are you that presumptuous from birth or are you self-made.
Your "closing statement" made as much sense as this re-arrangement of it.

No voters will argue with him, Bush, but yet 20% Probably support Sarah Palin that futher the same 20% for President to any excuse or poor fraud support sense.

October surprise.

Ya wingnut watching movies by wingnuts about wingnuts quoting wingnuts. I finally forced myself past the "I am a registered independent" twit making 2 lies including the live birth lie before even having to sit through philip j berg - esq, wingnut go blah blah blah about his oh so logical lawsuit. Aia - you owe me for those lost minutes.

Anyway, as i said that creepy crap has been rebutted:

Wingnuts away! Phillip J. Berg- a crackpot and his lawsuit!

Yesterday brought a new wrinkle to the massive pot o' crazy that is the Cult of the COLB. Namely Phillip J. Berg's federal lawsuit against Sen. Obama and the DNC. (Case number 08-CV-4083)

The whole ball of wax is over at Mr. Berg's site, "Obamacrimes", including PDF files of the lawsuit, press releases, etc. I am not a lawyer, but has near as I can tell, I'd be VERY surprised if this wasn't laughed out of court.

For starters, a lot of it seems lifted from "Judah Benjamin's", "TexasDarlin", and other claims of the cult of the COLB. Among other wingnuttery:

From the Memorandum in support of temporary restraining order, he:

Claims Sen. Obama was born in Kenya and that his mother was prohibited from flying back to Hawaii due to the stage of pregnancy she was in.

Andy Martin's claim that Sen. Obama never renounced Kenyan citizenship.

The claim that if he was born in Kenya, his mother was too young to grant citizenship on him, (this has been used on him in the past)

Supposed loss of citizenship when his mother married Lolo Soetoro and "took his citizenship"(Note, marrying a foreign national doesn't automatically lose one their US citizenship, unless the person getting married applies for citizenship in that country. There's no evidence Stanley Ann Dunham did such - and in any case, Barack Obama wouldn't have lost HIS citizenship due to his mother's marriage.)

Claim that Sen. Obama traveled to Pakistan on an Indonesian passport

Claim that "three (3) independent document forensic experts have performed extensive forensic testing on the Certificate of Live Birth posted on Obama’s campaign website. The forensic experts’ findings were the Certificate of Live Birth (COLB) is in fact a forgery." ("Polarik", "TechDude", and who?? And why does he think the court will take the allegations of people who claim to be such without anything like proof of identity?)

Claim that the "forged" COLB had Maya Soetoro's name on it. (YES!! He's actually citing "TechDude's" claims!!!! Not even "TexasDarlin" is using THAT one!!)

Claim that multiple citizenships disqualifies one from holding the office of President (Pure "Judah Benjamin" that one.)

He later makes the claim that: "As stated above, Plaintiff as well as tens of millions of American voters, Democrats and persons disinclined to vote for the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party, Senator McCain, will suffer irreparable harm, if declaratory and injunctive relief is not granted. Plaintiff does not have any other way of redress regarding these very significant and important issues."

It's a complete distillation of every claim the Cult of the COLB has ever made, in bite sized legal form.

What gets me, (AGAIN) is that he's actually citing "TechDude's" claims! He actually cites "TechDude's" claim of finding Maya Soetoro's name on the COLB as EVIDENCE!!

From his Memorandum in support of temporary restraining order

"...However, as posted all over the internet three (3) independent document forensic experts have performed extensive forensic testing on the Certificate of Live Birth posted on Obama’s campaign website. The forensic experts’ findings were the Certificate of Live Birth (COLB) is in fact a forgery.

It was further discovered that the original Certificate of Live Birth which had been altered and forged was issued to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, born in 1970. Maya Kasandra Soetoro is Obama’s half-sister, who was born in Indonesia, and her birth was later registered in Hawaii. The altered and forged COLB is still on Obama’s campaign website..."

It's also paragraph 35 of the complaint

AND paragraph 9 of the motion for Temporary Restraining Order

So who is Philip J. Berg? He's a former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania; former candidate for Governor and U.S. Senate in Democratic Primaries; former Chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania; former member of the Pennsylvania Democratic State Committee; an attorney with offices in Montgomery County, PA and an active practice in Philadelphia, PA. In 2005 he was fined and sanctioned $10,000 for having committed a "laundry list of unethical actions."

""Other attorneys should look to Mr. Berg's actions as a blueprint for what not to do when attempting to effectively and honorably perform the duties of the legal profession," Joyner wrote.

"This court has grown weary of Mr. Berg's continuous and brazen disrespect toward this court and his own clients. Mr. Berg's actions ... are an enormous waste of judicial time and resources that this court cannot, in good conscience, allow to go unpunished," Joyner wrote."

He's also a 9/11 "truther" and Clinton "supporter" who has been making weird claims and demands against Sen. Obama for a while. Such as:

25 March - Mr. Berg posted a letter demanding that Sen. Obama drop out of the race due to "Association With Reverend Wright".

"Please, do the right thing for the Democratic Party and our country that you say you love so much and withdraw your candidacy for President. It is the right thing to do !"

28 June - he posted a press release about the on-line petition to demand the superdelegates "Nominate the Candidate that can Win in November 2008 - Hillary Clinton", which includes a laundry list of PUMA/JSND slurs and favourite targets.

"The essence of the Petition is that Obama is not the person he has portrayed to the electorate; a candidate without depth or experience; one with associations with questionable persons; one whose gaffes are numerous and embarrassing; one whose platform leaves a lot to be desired; and credibility is an issue with his recent "Flip-Flops;" and his wife has raised issues that are a real concern. 

The Democrats can only win in November 2008 with Hillary Clinton, a dynamic leader who has been totally vetted; who won the majority of popular vote and won the big states. "

6 August - He signed the on-line petition by "conservative libertarian" Mitchell Langbert demanding the FEC investigate Sen. Obama's birth certificate and citizenship, (signature #5450, "Obama must be "vetted" before the DNC in Denver. Obama is not qualified to be President and therefore, the DNC should nominate HILLARY CLINTON").

I think one can argue that Mr. Berg is a bit....unhinged about Sen. Obama.

22 August - According to reports on the right-wing blog "America's Right", the motion for a temporary restraining order was denied by Judge R. Barclay Surrick. Since the Cult of the COLB will claim any action taken by the judge against this suit will show someone "friendly to Obama", I would like to point out that Judge R. Barclay Surrick was appointed to the court by President Bill Clinton on 11 April 2000. The even more funny thing about this?? "TexasDarlin's" bestest friends over at "Atlas Shrugs" claim that it's part of a plot by the "Clintonostra" to take the nomination from Sen. Obama. Am I the only one who finds it.....interesting....that a supposed Clinton supporter like "TexasDarlin" is siting and posting on an anti-Clinton right-wing board??

It's obvious what this is. A last-ditch effort by the Cult of the COLB to try to find anything, ANYTHING they can stick on Sen. Obama. And the right-wing "help" they're getting on it is blindingly obvious now. Mr. Berg has a reputation ethics violations and making very outrageous claims. Curiously enough, much like another PUMA favourite, Andy Martin. Who has a reputation as being a "vexatious litigant" by numerous federal and state courts and is under injunction and sanction in several of those courts. Birds of a feather I suppose.

Posted by Patrick McKinnion at 04:27 PM | Permalink

If you have anything to add, please try and keep some order and logic; it is tough enough to wade through BullPucky w/o having to try and tease out what is worth discussing.

Ya wingnut watching movies by wingnuts about wingnuts quoting wingnuts.

Didn't you tell me to tell you when you've fallen off the rocker?

[edit]Answer me these questions growing.
[edit=2]Interesting at 6 hits.

Brilliant addition to the debate. Take yourself off to a corner and berate yourself, then give yourself a timeout.

Brilliant addition to the debate. Take yourself off to a corner and berate yourself, then give yourself a timeout.

Contrary to you, I know when I need to be silent.

Contrary to you, I know when I need to be silent.

I did not mean to make you petulant - you can come out of the corner now.

Who is the true Sarah Palin?

Didn't you tell me to tell you when you've fallen off the rocker?

Er, <<breath, inbreath, outbreath - deep breaths, Ommmmmmmm>>

Okay, thanks Dave! I needed that.

The problem comes down to the fact that wackoes (I hope you will allow that usage wrt Phillip J. Berg, Esq.) will not accept any evidence - note the response to the COLB and reports from factcheck.com. It is like the search for WMD "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - there is no evidence that will satisfy the madding crowd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.