OK then, just for fun, can you remember the very first thing that you posted on DaniWeb? Go on, tell us the when and what, even if it was really embarrassing :)

To start the ball rolling, mine was actually a news story called 802.11n puts the why into WiFi which I posted way back on the 2nd May 2006.

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

Mine was asking about what the heck threading was... ooh have i learnt :P

this is related to this thread.

And this could be my first post.

If I can even think back that far (it has been so long), but I believe it was a post on a C# prime number algorithm. Good times. I was such a different person then, I barely recognize myself.

Member Avatar for diafol

I started messing with php after failing miserably with SSI and ASP. Just because I got some code to work I thought I was chocolate and hurriedly joined up and posted my code snippit back in Oct '06. Looking at it now... (*hangs head in shame*)... Oh Gawd. Pride comes before a fall. And I fell, faaaaaaaaaar.

I am pretty sure that I asked a question before this post but....

The first thing I posted was a response to someones question: This post!

My first question was almost a month after joining here, but that never got a response :D

I cannot remember what I did last week, let alone 6 years ago :)

When I first came here I asked how do I make a 3D human animator in c++ and I had very limited knowledge in c++ (didn't even know how to use variables). Yea, like one of the homework help questions except it wasn't homework (a self project). But the old times have changed and now I'm the one helping out.

commented: Hmm, I see an analogy with my first post :P +0

Mine was an Introduction thread...

I don't remember. I am sure that it was the introduction post.

Mine was a reply to someone's problem on VB.NET, it was based on populating DataGrid with DataSet.

Hi,

I have never used aero theme, so I like it on my W7 :) The best thing that I like on W7 is computer speed. On XP my computer was slow(Don't knw why).

:))

commented: Idiot spammer +0

Oh, sorry, It was my first post:

Hi,

I have never used aero theme, so I like it on my W7 The best thing that I like on W7 is computer speed. On XP my computer was slow(Don't knw why).

I forgot to add it like quote :) sorry :)

Mine was about installing linux on an old Compaq server i aquired. My old name used to be proliant_fan for that reason.

I would probably be the 2nd person (2nd to Dani) to post on the Dani's forum when it was Techtalkforums (about 9 years ago) and she tried just about every type of software before settling down for vBulletin.

Fun times. ^_^!

On Daniweb, I suppose my post is: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread72.html in 2002, But I swear there were more before then.

commented: Okaerinasai ;-) +0

I would probably be the 2nd person (2nd to Dani) to post on the Dani's forum when it was Techtalkforums (about 9 years ago)

Welcome back! Although I've been a member here for 3.5 years, I've never seen you posting here :) What made you decide to make you re-appearance?

On Daniweb, I suppose my post is: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread72.html in 2002

thread72 :D

Welcome back! Although I've been a member here for 3.5 years, I've never seen you posting here :) What made you decide to make you re-appearance?

thread72 :D

Just want to learn more about the technology I'm using, and what better way to start posting. I really do miss posting anyways. I used to be a heavy poster back in the day when I used to moderate. I'm also good friends with Dani (I went to college with her and her mom is my landlord).

I'm happy to see the forum grow so much.

Welcome back! Although I've been a member here for 3.5 years, I've never seen you posting here What made you decide to make you re-appearance?

I remember him.

Dani's forum when it was Techtalkforums (about 9 years ago) and she tried just about every type of software before settling down for vBulletin.

When i joined in (05?) i remember there still being some elements of TechTalk branding, and the old (i think grey/purple?) colour scheme.

commented: Hahaha, wow, you have been here for a while ;) +0

Hi
I dont know why people voted me down in this thread. I just posted what was my first thread.Can somebody tell me here.

> I dont know why people voted me down in this thread.
Because you hijacked the thread to ask your own question.

My first post was in introduction forum but i was saying welcome there instead of saying hello:D

> I dont know why people voted me down in this thread.
Because you hijacked the thread to ask your own question.

My question was solved before i posted to this thread. I am a new user and my intend was to only post my new thread not to ask the question.

OK then, just for fun, can you remember the very first thing that you posted on DaniWeb?

Remember it? Nope.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post27067.html#post27067

Go on, tell us the when and what, even if it was really embarrassing :)

I didn't start out as an "asker". ;)

I think Cprog was down and I started searching for other forums. (And later, I was a bit of a Jul groupie.) After a while, I liked the features and things that I could do here that I couldn't on other sites. (Most of these have since been discarded.) My heyday was 2004-2006ish.

I think Cprog was down and I started searching for other forums. (And later, I was a bit of a Jul groupie.) After a while, I liked the features and things that I could do here that I couldn't on other sites. (Most of these have since been discarded.) My heyday was 2004-2006ish.

Out of curiosity, what were those features?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.