Anyone hear about this program, from the scrrenshots it looks pretty cool, however, I am unable to download it. Google sais to check back later.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it or used it before? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

Keep checking. It's a wonderful diversion when you get hold of it :)

I was able to download it a couple of hours ago, its kinda creapy...gogle owns our souls. :twisted:

That is simply amazing. Is it "real time"? I noticed a building missing in my neighborhood.

No. It's satellite photos taken no more than 3 years ago.

Well, that's still amazing. I guess if it was real time you would need more than broadband!

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20050705 UFI about Google.earth :)

lol, aint it the truth?

btw. has anyone else heard the rumor that Google may be creating an internet browser...could there be any truth in this? :confused:

...if so how long before a google os??? :cool:

Heh, that's cool. But I heard that some people used earth.google to look for military secrets

Heh, that's cool. But I heard that some people used earth.google to look for military secrets

I remember seeing a site about area 51, though I think it turned out he photoshopped the images.

I don't see how it would be really all that possible, the images of mahor cities are fairly clear but not clear o disern any real information I would think, besides the images are anywhere from 1 - 3 years old. But I suppose it could be used to estimate armaments or facility placement.

It would be really cool if this was real time so that you could see cars moving and people walking around, but I know that would be dangerous on a few parts and hard without a super connection.

It would be really cool if this was real time so that you could see cars moving and people walking around, but I know that would be dangerous on a few parts and hard without a super connection.

indeed, it would probably crash my computer if it were real-time :rolleyes:
I would not be suprised if google does have a realtime version...for the marketing division :twisted:

Ever been to the goole store...there is baby clothes with the google logo!!!

I wonder if this is the precursor to the "Matrix" :cool:
:cheesy:

How 'bout the Bermuda triangle? Anything special in there?
(I can't dowload .exe files right here)

There's nothing in the so-called Bermuda triangle except some seaweed and maybe a sandbar or two :)

ahh, but what about all the aliens, and crashed space ships, and Amelia eirhart!!! :rolleyes:

I think it is just a bunch of water. rocks, sand, fish, and I think their may have been a crashed ariplane or something from WWII
:cool:

It will not be long before Google throws over Microsoft and becomes the new company to hate...

Hate is a negative emotion, it's totally non-productive.

I don't understand the "success haters". I think google is AMAZING. The research and stuff they are doing is simply mind blowing...The same with Microsoft. Why bash the successful?

one word: jealousy.
Many people can't stand it that others have success when they themselves can't hold a steady job (or at least not one where they make a few million off their own hard work, often they don't work hard of course).

Stanislaw, Emilia Earhart went missing over the mid Pacific, almost halfway around the world from Bermuda (and no, she didn't have the fuel to get there).
And aliens have never been found there or anywhere (unless it be some illegal aliens from Mexico or Cuba who got lost).

... but if the Aliens helped her... :mrgreen:

Just a harmless ol' joke.

But I have to agree with the Google comment, they are incredibly succesfull and quite intelligent, I wished I worked for them!
(but the satalite thing still creeps me out!) :eek:

Member Avatar for Electrohead

Great program! I used KeyHole back in the day!

That was back before Google bought it and made Google Earth! But, I suppose at least now the basic version is free! :lol:

niceeeeeeeeeeeee

I'll just make it clear that I don't hate any of these companies for being successful, it's just a lot of people seem to...

I was able to see my car in my drive on Google Earth. :cheesy:

Google Earth is REALLY SCARY!

Not sure if this has already been posted and maybe it's just me, but checkout http://moon.google.com and zoom all the way in to any of the landing spots.

:lol:

Not sure if this has already been posted and maybe it's just me, but checkout http://moon.google.com and zoom all the way in to any of the landing spots.

:lol:

I guess this confirms the wallace and gromit thing now! :eek:

4. Is Google Moon a result of your Copernicus initiative?

Glad you asked, and yes, the development of our lunar hosting and research center continues apace. We usually don't announce future products in advance, but in this case, yes, we can confirm that on July 20th, 2069, in honor of the 100th anniversary of mankind's first manned lunar landing, Google will fully integrate Google Local search capabilities into Google Moon, which will allow our users to quickly find lunar business addresses, numbers and hours of operation, among other valuable forms of Moon-oriented local information.

Google article

Now that is funny! hmm, I'll have to mark it on me calander though. lol

One thing kind of funny about google earth. If you check out St. Louis, MO. Our "arch" is shown as a very big "box", makes for an interesting skyline!! :)

Google Earth owns! You can actually use it with some WAR driving programs. I havent done it yet, but it would be awesome to be able to view hotspots with it.

Google Earth is REALLY SCARY!

Why is it scary?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.