just last week ago, my 6 yr old Pentium 4 Core Duo 3.0GHz died recently... the mobo died and not working anymore... I tried to revive it but sadly, it didn't make it alive... the Mobo is too old (DDR1 type). bottom line I don't have any money now... right now I'm part time working on a Computer Shop now and it would take 1 year to atleast earn the right money to buy atleast an average computer on my salary....

I'm currently taking computer science and its a really burden for me not to have a personal computer... My parents aren't rich and My dad is currently not working(he's too old to work) and my parents thinks that its my fault that the computer broke off.. and even if I cry like a baby, they woudn't still give be because recently, my parents lost their business... so its a really big fall down for us.... btw, I live in Philippines, so things are different here.

I know its waaaaay to much to ask... or even atleast I'm in the wrong position to ask for a computer. but even a second hand computer will do... I wanted to study more and learn... I know you guys understands me... I know you understand what I am feeling now... I know that loosing your personal computer is like loosing your closest pet... or for me, its like loosing a friend...

if you are interested, you can mail me @ <snip> thank you very much... and have a Wonderful Christmas :D

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

go to your local computer recycling center and beg there.

no problem you can have my old one but it is buyer uplift only.

commented: even a crappy computer from the 90s is decent enough to code on +0

no problem you can have my old one but it is buyer uplift only.

what do you mean "it is buyer uplift only." ?

what do you mean "it is buyer uplift only." ?

come and get it.

The price of shipping alone is going to run a pretty penny, and no one in their right mind is going to give a free computer and then pay for shipping on top of it.

My advice - keep your eyes peeled in the computer shop where you work for either a used mother board or used machine. They are local and will be more generous to an employee than asking complete strangers from all around the world.

The price of shipping alone is going to run a pretty penny, and no one in their right mind is going to give a free computer and then pay for shipping on top of it.

My advice - keep your eyes peeled in the computer shop where you work for either a used mother board or used machine. They are local and will be more generous to an employee than asking complete strangers from all around the world.

Actually my problem is going to be solved. thanks to you and those who advised me so well. I'm doing some freelancing now. and I hope that could help me to buy a fresh PC. I'm gonna update you guys :) thanks thanks :D

you are so unlucky and little late before Christmas i have donate two computers of my company to students if you tell me some early then i will able to help you may be next i will so something for you.

sorry to hear that
i want to help you but i have only one so only best wish for you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.