Below is a paragraph based on a true story of how floods rule the world 2011 to 2012.

[story]
The year is 2010 and everybody seems to be on top of the moon with great wealth when scientists monitoring the sun discover a potential solar burst from the sun which may or may not effect us.
January 2011 it is discovered that this solar burst will pass by the earths atmosphere but not collide with the earth itself. Calculations are done to prepare this data for the media and who is may concern.
Around February 2011 unusual weather patterns start to appear all around the world including record cyclones and record catastrophes. Then Floods and Cyclones devastate millions in Australia.
March 2011 an earthquake appears in Japan causing damage to infrastructure and shaking up the market.
2012 the biggest part of the solar burst arrives with record storms and flooding as well as blackouts and earthquakes appear all around the globe over a period of time.
Is this all a coincidence or is the mein calender more accurate than some thought.
[/story]

Perhaps 2012 is when climates change and species who don't adapt will not survive including humans. So my guess is while it's not the end of the world many species are due to extinct in 2012 and we might be on the chopping list depending on how bad this solar flare is. All of the information in the story is true apart from the 2012 remark however the dates may be out by a few month or so. Now post your story of how you think the end of the world will be.

Recommended Answers

All 57 Replies

Also could an admin make this poll end on the 21/12/12
thanks.

Need more poll choices :).

Need more poll choices :).

Well I made it simple. If for example it's floods/title wave/cyclone then you would select Water and/or wind. If however it is something like a meteoroid shower or collision with the earth or zero point module exploding then you would select fire. And so you can see how I made it into such larger categories.

I think the world is going to end by Justin bieber Music :P

Seriously guys, hundreds of Billions of years, this planet has survived many Worse situations, do you know how the heck life was started on earth, after the collision itself.

No worries guys, there is so much time for all of us to be the dirt of emptiness, i mean just like other planets :)

Enjoy the beautiful world, nightmares, all of us have, sometimes, throughout the day too.

Well I made it simple. If for example it's floods/title wave/cyclone then you would select Water and/or wind. If however it is something like a meteoroid shower or collision with the earth or zero point module exploding then you would select fire. And so you can see how I made it into such larger categories.

But what if I believe in a more apocalyptic event?

But what if I believe in a more apocalyptic event?

So you believe all of the tickboxes would happen plus more. Ultimately those are the only four elements that can destroy man/girl kind. Perhaps you could state how you think the earth will end and if your unsure on what to tick I'll tell you how it fits into which categories. :)

So you believe all of the tickboxes would happen plus more. Ultimately those are the only four elements that can destroy man/girl kind. Perhaps you could state how you think the earth will end and if your unsure on what to tick I'll tell you how it fits into which categories. :)

If this plant's future depends upon what you guys think, i think i gotta say Good night. and sweet dreams :D

Perhaps 2012 is when climates change and species who don't adapt will not survive including humans.

Does any species adapt better than us?
We have colonised almost every part of the planet, every enviroment from tundra to desert.

We have colonised almost every part of the planet, every enviroment from tundra to desert.

And yet we are so reliant on air conditioners, heaters, fans and organtic food which simply cannot exist in some situations. So in a way we are reliant on the very organisms that are vulnerable to extinction.

And yet we are so reliant on air conditioners, heaters, fans and organtic food which simply cannot exist in some situations. So in a way we are reliant on the very organisms that are vulnerable to extinction.

No, we enjoy these "luxuries" but we would survive without them. I have no air conditioners, no fans, i don't eat organic food and i'm old enough to remember building a fire in the lounge every morning.

Well, you should google extremophiles - there are species that exist on the surface of molten lava, in vents at the bottom of the ocean, in streams of boiling water in Yellowstone Park. The bright colors in the streams are different forms of algae that are adapted to specific temperatures. The reason you are supposed to throw out something that has spent more than 6 months in your freezer is because after that time the population of 'bugs' that can colonize at that temp. will have become significant enough to make you sick.

We have 'colonized' but not by adapting to the environment but by adapting the environment to us. This take energy; without sufficient energy, we are limited to equatorial and sub-equatorial ranges.

without sufficient energy, we are limited to equatorial and sub-equatorial ranges.

i believe the inuits would disagree.

i believe the inuits would disagree.

So would the Yupik and Inupiat

But what if for example the ice caps melted and they all drowned while all of us on high ground died of starvation or became cannibals until there were only one gender left?
That is a very real possibility because when the ice caps melt then fish supplies will become scarce especially with the seas almost fished out leaving land animals and with populations more concentrated due to loss of land from the water level rising we would wipe out animal population leaving us fruit and veg. And that takes some doing to make which means there would have to be a massive die out of population to feed the human race. Then the survivors could die of a disease or UFO so there is another way that we could loose the battle of surviving on earth.

I don't believe the world will end due to any natural process. The planet will always be there, and I base this thought on no fact at all, just on my own thoughts about it. I do believe that man can destroy itself and all other life forms on earth, because of greed on the one hand, and survival instinct on the other hand.

The time is due now again, for the change in climate between north and south, where one can say that climate in the southern parts, are becoming like climates in the northern parts of the world, and vise versa. This already slowly starts to happen, with ice melting in the poles etc.

In short, my believe is that man will destroy all living things on earth, but earth will always be there.

But what if for example the ice caps melted and they all drowned while all of us on high ground died of starvation or became cannibals until there were only one gender left?

Which gender do you foresee as the one that is left?:)

I don't think man can or will destroy all life on earth - there have been (at least) 5 major mass extinctions where 50% or more of all species went extinct (Cretaceous, Triassic, Permian, Late Devonian and Ordovician). The Permian is considered the worst with 96% of all marine species and 70% of land species wiped out completely but that is what is cool about evolution, life adapts to fill empty niches.

Man could wipe himself out but I doubt Man could kill off all life - just set life off on a different path. The world will net end just because Mankind kills itself off - not even it it manages to wipe out all the mammals - if it provides adaptive benefits, intelligence might even return.

Life finds a way. Very Jurassic park. I do agree though, man could wipe out a large percentage of life, but i doubt all of it (at least not yet).

70% of land species wiped out completely but that is what is cool about evolution, life adapts to fill empty niches..........

Yes, i meant the same, after every disaster on this planet, there was life again, improving or evolving, in a new way,

I mean planet may change but it's not the end of the day. Infact noone was ever so successful in predicting the future of this planet, they said it was on 2000 and then another year??.

I don't understand one thing, amidst of occasional collisions, why are we talking about dead planet, when the life kept continuing for billions of years. no matter whatever happened so far.

Countries are at the mercy of nature. Maybe the mayan calendar was wrong. The world won't end in 2012 but 2011 instead

A extraordinarily strong solar wind could strip the Earth's atmosphere, this way only life forms that don't use oxygen will survive.

Member Avatar for diafol

Gas. If you collected all the hot air generated from polls of this sort, you'd expire (no pun intended).

At this rate of destruction. When do you think the world will end

Member Avatar for diafol

>When do you think the world will end

I've never understood that. Does it mean when humans become extinct, when they become extinct on earth, when all life becomes extinct on earth, when a cataclysmic event occurs to wipe out the vast majority of lifeforms, or the total destruction of the physical planet?

I imagine it's more of "the four riders" sort of thing with these people.

Member Avatar for diafol

Four riders ... four elements ... four humours... four f*** sakes...

The "four humours" one i don't get??

Member Avatar for diafol

The Ancient Greeks had the four humours to explain, amongst other things a person's emotional and physiological state: phlegm. blood, bile and black bile.
So a person could be termed phlegmatic, sanguine, choleric or melancholy. As far as I remember, these were linked to the four elements (water, air, fire, earth). I can't remember the exact correlations.

Anyway, I'm a mine of useless information! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.