Hi, as floored as the text tutorials are right now for submitting them. I thought I would put out there the idea of video tutorials. It would be exciting to see them out there.

Thanks
cwarn23.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Ya.Eagerly waiting for video tutorials.

I guess adding videos will boost up the traffic of daniweb :)

It really comes down to creating and producing them. We have a way to embed youtube videos into articles if anyone cares to take a stab at it. We've dabbled with the idea in-house but just don't have the manpower or experience right now.

No need to make the video tutorials . Just allowing to embed videos will be fine so that users can share all videos regarding tech stuff..

I guess it depends on the topic. I don't see how it would help someone to see me type a VB .Net program for them (oh wait it might make it easier to see the changes).
I believe that it will take for ever to set up a video recording with a sample project and then start writing code. I'm usually typing on the reply box the code I'm posting and don't usually try it out. So I wouldn't really be bothered to post something as I can't do it at work and I don't have VS or SQL installed on my home computer.

Videos doesn't mean(indeed it's NOT about) the programs you type or showing just a "hello world" output .
It might be regarding any new thing which you think it is quite worth to share. Maybe it is a video explaining "How to make a simple android application ?" , or videos about any new technologies arrived in the market,or regarding any stuff which you know or which you SEE on any websites like youtube or any other site which you think it is worth to share.

Like the crappy video I made? (Link is in my sig.)

Maybe it is a video explaining "How to make a simple android application ?" , or videos about any new technologies arrived in the market,or regarding any stuff which you know or which you SEE on any websites like youtube or any other site which you which you think it is worth to share.

You have said it all. Since they can be seen on other sites and very popular ones like youtube, i think its better we direct resources to things that wont have negative effects or counter the effort or purpose for which it was made. Giving links to such videos, articles, and other web pages as we do in our post would serve the members enough. Besides, Dani already mentioned that there's a way videos can be embedded so we can make good use of that.

You have said it all. Since they can be seen on other sites and very popular ones like youtube, i think its better we direct resources to things that wont have negative effects or counter the effort or purpose for which it was made. Giving links to such videos, articles, and other web pages as we do in our post would serve the members enough. Besides, Dani already mentioned that there's a way videos can be embedded so we can make good use of that.

So how do we embed these video's?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.