Okay this isn't really an IT problem, or at least I think so, but does anyone perhaps know how to check who was the last person to call on a landline?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Depends on where you live and what kind of landline phone you have. I have a cordless phone and the phone number shows up on its display. But you will have to get with the manufacturer of your phone to find out how it works.

On an old fashioned phone you can '*69' and ask what the number is (ymmv depending on what your carrier thinks is reasonable service). I believe '*68' blocks the number from being read.

it really depends on your phone. I have a land-line and i can check all received, dialled and missed calls on it so i dont need to worry.

Yes I have an old fashioned phone, and I have tried the *69 thing but doesn't work, that may be because I live in South Africa, any other solutions?

>>Yes I have an old fashioned phone
:) Here is an old fashioned phone

Yes I have an old fashioned phone, and I have tried the *69 thing but doesn't work, that may be because I live in South Africa, any other solutions?

Hmmm let's see. South Africa. Phone. Ummmmm. Can't think of a thi... No Wait!!!! Call your phone company! Noooo, you'd have to be pretty stupid to not think of that. So obviously the phone company doesn't know. And if the phone company doesn't know it's not likely we would know since few of us live in Africa. Maybe the utilities commission, or the government knows. Sorry to hear about your phone company, though. I'd get another company that knows their system better. You might want to move to Spain.

I don't know why but WaltP has something against me, anyway, I'll just mark it as solved, thanks anyway

I don't know why but WaltP has something against me, anyway, I'll just mark it as solved, thanks anyway

I do? Get a thicker skin. Sarcasm is rarely personal. Your post just gave such a wonderful opening for it, it would be rude not to jump on it... :icon_wink:

I prefer not to go after openings, I don't have enough reputation points yet

I prefer not to go after openings, I don't have enough reputation points yet

Rep points don't count in the Geeks Lounge so your rep points won't be affected. So go for the openings. It makes the lounge more interesting :icon_wink:

Yes it does indeed make it interesting but take look, our rep points have been decremented, see what I mean

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.