Its been a while away from Daniweb. love the new look, articles without replies now have bold red indicators. Good to be back

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Welcome back! It's not just the UI that's changed, however. DaniWeb is now being run off of an entirely different system.

What is this new system we're talking about?

Absolutely LOVE the new Daniweb... I just returned today after a few months and oh my lord, it looks so different and so good!!

Glad you like it, and good to have you both back!

What is this new system we're talking about?

It's uniquely Daniweb's. Dani and I wrote it from scratch over the course of last winter.

Absolutely LOVE the new Daniweb...

Thanks! It's nice to get feedback, but positive feedback is better for the ego. ;)

commented: Here's for your work +0

It's uniquely Daniweb's. Dani and I wrote it from scratch over the course of last winter.

Kudos, It's absolutely amazing. You should consider releasing it as open source or something. I'll even consider going back to being a sponsor to thank you for your amazing job.

Thanks so much. There are currently no plans to release it because it's so specific to DaniWeb's unique featureset.

We currently don't have the sponsorship program because the main benefit was no ads, and I've decided to make it free for all members to choose to not see ads.

However, we do have a donation page where, if you've found DaniWeb helpful, you can choose to donate however much you'd like to our cause: http://www.daniweb.com/home/donate

We've been going through some really hard finanical times lately, so anything would be much appreciated. (One of the biggest reasons is because I spent about 4 months working day and night on coding the new system, essentially ignoring the advertising side of hte business.)

Well, you can be sure, as soon as I lay my hands in my forthcoming check, part of it will be donating again to this awesome community.

Thanks! Much appreciated. Truly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.