Member Avatar for iamthwee

@np complete.

Kung fu panda was/is the best animated movie of all time IMO.

@mike you really ought to read a Clockwork Orange. It is a fantastic read because the book bascially makes use of a completely fictional dialect which after a few pages you come to understand. Pure genius.

What about ratatoullie ? It is good.

Watched Shawshank redemption. Really beautiful :)

Anthony Burgess created the dialect (NADSAT) that is also used extensively in the movie. It brings to mind another oldie but goodie. Quest For Fire. It was a joint production between Canada and France. Anthony Burgess created the primitive language for the early humans in this prehistoric adventure about a trio of warriors who travel the savanna, encountering sabre-toothed tigers, mammoths and cannibalistic tribes in search of a flame that would replace the fire their tribe has lost. There are no subtitles.

I think Shawshank Redemption is as close to a perfect movie as it gets. I don't care what they say about Citizen Kane (brilliant) or Vertigo (meh). Shawshank Redemption beats them both.

commented: ATTR! +0
Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Reverend Jim

I think Shawshank Redemption is as close to a perfect movie as it gets. I don't care what they say about Citizen Kane (brilliant) or Vertigo (meh). Shawshank Redemption beats them both.

I do agree! It's close to be a perfect movie.

Never saw Citizen Kane or Vertigo

Shawshank Redemption is a great movie. Liked it vey much ! A must watch.

Total recall realy a very good movie and the effects and features there are all awesome.

@pritaeas - Saw the first installment of Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - The Egg of the King last night. I think you'd enjoy this one. There are three movies plalnned ini the arc. So far only the first has been released.

commented: Thanks +0
commented: Your pretty smart Jim +0

@marcos.fish09

Total recall realy a very good movie and the effects and features there are all awesome.

I'm gonna to wait til the DVD comes out then watch it. I saw the old one a long time ago, it was good. I'm not sure this current one is better than the first.

The movie that I saw lately is the recently released movie of Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra from Bollywood i.e BARFI...
I liked the movie very much.

@princysharma90

Bollywood

I never seen an Bollywood movies. Slumdog Millionaire is the closest thing related to Bollywood?

Slumdog Millionaire is the closest thing related to Bollywood?

Yeah. Bollywood artists, foreign director.

Try also Dabangg, English title is Fearless.

@cereal

Try also Dabangg, English title is Fearless.

It's another Bollywood film. It's a action film and I might watch this film if I have time.

"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" playes in India. It is very colorful with lots of humor, life and romance. The cast is Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Maggie Smith amongst others.

@vegaseat

"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" playes in India. It is very colorful with lots of humor, life and romance. The cast is Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Maggie Smith amongst others.

It's comedy drama. It's a box office hit! A $10 million budget and earn $131,000,000!

That's good investment. I think I might rent this movie and Dabangg maybe in 2 week.

Now, I have something to see now, no more spending time searching on NetFlix

( From latest bollywood ) try "Barfi", its really good.

Last day, saw broken arrow. Fine movie.

@np complete

Barfi

I don't watch comedy. I think most of the movie I watch is either Drama or Action or Suspense.

broken arrow

That is old movie. I saw that a long time ago.

Then you can try "kahani" from bollywood.

A Separation (or Separation of Nader and Simin) by Asghar Farhady.
The Dreamers.
Forest Gump.

Will never forget this line :

" Run Forrest run " :D

try "heroine" kareena looking damn good and overall movie worthful to be wachted. good work arjum! ;)

An oldie but a goodie "Penn & Teller Get Killed". There is an absolutely hilarious scene going through the metal detector at the airport. And if you like Penn & Teller, the first two seasons of Penn & Teller's BullSh!t are very well done. For anyone unfamiliar with it, they examine various things to determine whether they have merit or not. The segment on bottled water was revealing.

@M.S.

A Separation

Never heard that movie sound interesting! I might see it.

@Reverend Jim

I know who is Penn & Teller but I never heard or saw that movie. I know they are very funny!

I watched Inception 3rd yesterday and I still enjoyed the movie.

@roillinpr

I watched Inception 3rd yesterday and I still enjoyed the movie.

I like that movie too.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Just watched battleship. Absolute pile of rubbish. Now War of the Worlds was better.

@iamthwee

Just watched battleship. Absolute pile of rubbish. Now War of the Worlds was better.

Haven't seen that yet but thanks for comment.

War of the Worlds - I saw both version few years back. The one in 1953 & 2005.

War of the Worlds - I wish they'd make one faithful to the book. Both movies were heavily Americanized and Spielberg had to add his "broken family" signature which I think is getting a little old.

@Reverend Jim

War of the Worlds - I wish they'd make one faithful to the book. Both movies were heavily Americanized and Spielberg had to add his "broken family" signature which I think is getting a little old.

You read that book? I never read the book but when I was in High School my classmate did. She mention to me it's hard to grasp without having a vision on how the characters looks.

I have to give you credit for reading the whole book.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.