Anyone used this new compiler yet?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I should try it out... I'm not much of a Windows sort of user, but I may give this a try.

By the way, is it any good?

I don't know, I installed the Express version but have not tried it out yet.

Oh, if its good, please update us... I am actually kind of interested in some windows material/software...

by the way... you have 75.83X more posts than I do lol :)

Well, 76 if you round it

Yea, I used to post a lot until about a year ago.

Are you sure about that? I have been around since march 2012.... I have posted about 413 posts... and that was a few months ago (I am on actively every day).... and if I was around just as long as you... I garuntee I wouldn't have more than 10,000 posts...

You think you don't post as much as you use to :)

You mean Visual Studio 2012? I was planning to. I recently purchased a brand new computer and was going to install the latest version of Visual C++ Express on it.

However, then I read that this version of compiler will build Metro applications only. I want to stick with Windows 7, and most of my programming is pretty traditional projects for engineering/math applications, and they are all simple console programs. For this kind of capability, a paid version of the compiler is required.

Unless I am misinformed, it looks like I will stay with Visual C++ 2010 Express for the time being.

You mean Visual Studio 2012?

There are two versions of Visual Studio 2012, one for desktop and one for Windows 8

Oh, nice.

I hadn't checked back for a while. Looks like Microsoft hasn't broken up the compiler by language this time (or am I overlooking something?). In previous versions, I just used the C++ compiler; this time it looks like you get everything--no choice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.