I blame all the major companies for this... they must be paying the governments a lot of money so they don't get in trouble for selling their poisons...

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Which is one factor on why you will live a longer and happier life :)

I don't know about a happier life but I do know I will live long. =)

I don't know about a happier life but I do know I will live long. =)

I am sure if you (LastMitch) live longer, you'd live happier.

My happiness has definitely increased significantly since I quit smoking 13 years ago. (I'm thinking of the board game called "Careers" where you gain hapiness and fame points.) My fame points were not affected, but my happiness points sure were.

My happiness has definitely increased significantly since I quit smoking 13 years ago.

You have made a great choice my friend.

I am sure if you (LastMitch) live longer, you'd live happier.

Until that person is suffering from an incurable disease, at which point your logic is, at best, flawed.

Coming from somebody that is 21 and completely tea-total, you can look at drink/smoking etc from two points of view. Yes both are bad and put pressure on the health industry etc and may harm the body. But on the other hand it is somebodies way of relaxing and chilling out in the evening.

I for example easily spend 20+ hours a week playing video games when I'm not at work, this isn't the best for my health and damages my eyes over time, but it is what makes me happy and thus I do it to chill out. My parents like to have a glass of wine in the evening to relax, they don't consume excessively and its perfectly acceptable.

You for example Michael have alot of interest in sports it seems. While that is all well and good we have recently seen a professional footballer collapse from a heart attack, die and be revived, and live on when they are seen as peak physical condition. While the argument there that sport is good it can also be just as bad for you in terms of body overworked etc.

Everything has its downsides, its all about opinions.

TL:DR - Its all opinionated and nothing more.
Edit - Clarified footballer further, I am referring to 'Fabrice Muamba'

commented: Well put. +0

I do have interest in sports but i do my best from getting hit in the head ;)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I'm thinking of the board game called "Careers" where you gain hapiness and fame points

Do they still make that game?

It's a good game it teachs what you want and how to achieve it without taking point off. If I remember how it was played.

I play that game in my guidance counselor office with 3 other students when I was in public school that was like 20 something years ago.

When is it ever good for you.

Who cares, it's delicious and fun. When is sitting behind a computer all day good for you? Don't let "being good for you" get in the way of having a bit of fun.

beer?

According to the prohibitionists here, bear would be better than beer.

unless you have one staring you in the face without a fence :)

commented: Hahaha :) +0

When is sitting behind a computer all day good for you? Don't let "being good for you" get in the way of having a bit of fun.

Well said that man!
In my lifetime I've heard it said by some expert or the other, at various times, that nearly everything in the flipping universe and beyond is 'bad' for you. One says don't eat this, another says eat it, don't drink it, drink it. We'll all end up asking big brother if it's ok to get out of bed each day at that rate!
Have or don"t have, but don't try to make others comply to your standards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.