Hi,
After having discussions with friends about what they prefer to play their games on, whether it be ( a PC or a games console such as an xbox ) and the findings were rather more favourable of the computer. So i'm just wondering what do you prefer to play your games on?

( p.s i'm new here, hello :) )

Recommended Answers

All 48 Replies

I prefer to use my PC. I hardly ever use my PS2 nowadays.

Hi,
After having discussions with friends about what they prefer to play their games on, whether it be ( a PC or a games console such as an xbox ) and the findings were rather more favourable of the computer. So i'm just wondering what do you prefer to play your games on?

( p.s i'm new here, hello :) )

used to spend all my time playing counterstrike.

nowerdays just play the odd game of pro evo on xbox live

I play chess online everyday (mostly with an old friend in Germany who really puts a beating on me sometimes). It's about the only game I can stand anymore. Other things I just cannot get into except for occasionally a soccer or hockey match via console with friends.

Ya, I can't lie, I havn't played many video games in awhile. But when I do, it's always on a PC or PS2, never anythin else

Generally, its America's Army I play on the pc.

I'm with you server crash, good ol chess. Where do you play?

I'm with you server crash, good ol chess. Where do you play?

www.gameknot.com

Ive timed out on a lot of games so my rating sucks right now.

I don't play games online. Does Xbox Live count?

Are you playing with others over the net? Then yes. Otherwise, eh eh.

I play Literati with friends from IRC on yahoo games sometimes. Another fun one is IRC trivia. I also wrote a chessbot for IRC for a class project so I could play chess with my IRC friends (many of whom I know in real life as well). I think I may like the IRC medium a bit too much... oh well.

Rarely play online games much due to the amount of cheating that goes on, but i play Delta Force: Black Hawk Down multiplayer on the PC sometimes, and also Hardware: Online for PS2.

Also, on the msn messenger games i play minesweeper flags a lot:

Wins: 68 Draws: 0 Losses: 0 Win Rate: 100%

:)

Battlefield 2

Hmm anyone heard of Ragnarok Online.
If no then I play that game and if yes then hmm.. (what is the level of your character ;) )

darkthrone - level 75, used to play celeb-pimp as well but its dispeared! lol

I've recently joined the FFXI world and I like it alot. Althought I stay mostly to myself, its still amazing to be part of such a large online world.

The only online game I have ever played it Blizzard's Diablo II Lord of Destruction. I've been playing for 10 years or so and have beaten the bad guy I don't know how many times. I now have a cheat program that gives my character godly powers so that I can just walk through the program :)

Yeah even i like that game, played using all characters, but never had the chance to experience online gameplay.

and btw Cheating is bad bad bad ..... :D

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Need For Speed 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, Underground, Underground 2 - nothing is more exiting than that

Max Payne - once u'll start playing u will never stop and forget everything

Need For Speed 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, Underground, Underground 2 - nothing is more exiting than that

Max Payne - once u'll start playing u will never stop and forget everything

need for speed - most wanted is pretty cool

i used to play runescape lol that was good till i got bored of the repetition of leveling your character

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

i used to play runescape lol that was good till i got bored of the repetition of leveling your character

runescape, that miniclip game

MMORPG's rock

hmm, I tried several MMPORGs and always get tired of them very quickly.
All of them come down to slashing through the same mobs time and time again to get enough experience to use more powerful equipment and take on more powerful mobs, and then do the same some more to actually afford that equipment.
After that the cycle repeats with different mobs.

Done some Anarchy Online lately, was fun for a week or two.

Now I'm back to MS FlightSim, but not yet online as the servers we use for it need an upgrade and that's not done yet.

Now I'm back to MS FlightSim

..which again amount to the same repetitive process of flying different planes under different conditions :D

runescape, that miniclip game

Runescape isn't from Miniclip, it's from Jagex.
Today I was in the library where there is an internet place (pay for internet) with some small kids fighting and cursing the hole place up about runescape :P. In the end one almost hit the other because he wouldn't tell where he found that pair of boots.

I myself played Runescape and many other MMORPG's but I got bored of them and quit. Nowadays I can find some fun in some PHP game's, which are more a forum then a game actually :P.

..which again amount to the same repetitive process of flying different planes under different conditions :D

does it? At least the scenery changes. And the permutations are far larger. Weather, time, scenery, etc. etc. all modelled in quite good detail.
I'd rather fly for real, but the cost is prohibitive.

does it? At least the scenery changes. And the permutations are far larger. Weather, time, scenery, etc. etc. all modelled in quite good detail.

I bet you havent played Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft otherwise you wouldnt be saying this :P

I'd rather fly for real, but the cost is prohibitive.

lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.