Anybody heard of the band Avenged Sevenfold? I love them, what do you guys think of them? What is some of their best songs?

Recommended Answers

All 79 Replies

Nope, never heard of them sorry. Maybe you heard of my unknown one? Manowar?

I haven't heard them, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of them heh, what genre are they? Most of the music I like all the bands are underground so I might just give them a try.

hehe, they are heavy metal and you can find them here:
http://www.manowar.com/
Their mission is to show the world "steel", their music is based on the middle-ages and is about armies, sword-clashes and ofcourse the darkness. The music is from the 80's however, its still quite qood for that age. Its really worth a try.

Tell me about your band, which I haven't heard about.

commented: Thanks, they sound really cool, will look them up. The image on the homepage was a little disturbing lol. +20

Well, they aren't full on heavy metal, but they are a cross between a couple of genre's including punk. I really like them though, they have the whole screaming thing going on, you gotta love that. Their website is at http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/ they are so cool it makes me want to cry. Some of their better songs are "Chapter Four", "I won't see you tonight" (parts 1 & 2). The name Avenged Sevenfold actually comes from the bible in chapter four of the genesis when Cain murders his brother Abel, God casts him out and Cain fears he will be murdered freely by anyone but God says that anyone who murders Cain will be Avenged Sevenfold. Although they claim not to be a religious band, the song Chapter four is also about this story. Some of their songs sound dark, but others sound like God himself wrote it.

Check them out! You won't be dissapointed.

p.s. what do you think of AFI's album "Sing the Sorrow"

commented: Avenged sevenfolds: Thumbs up +13

Hello again Slade, I just tried out the sample albums. Chapter four and eternal rest. Chapter four, the singer sings very good! I like the music too! I'll be sure to check out next time in the local store for avenged Sevenfold.
Eternal rest, Hehe, your right, they are in the screaming business, but it sounds good though :). I heard the touch of funk in their music as well, especially in Ch. 4.
And well... songs about darkness.. I must say most of the heavy metal bands that I listen too, haven't got in any album atleast 1 3v1l song.

heh, haven't had the chance to check out your band yet, but I'll get there. I'm sooo busy nowadays it's not funny.

I love AFI as well, Sing the SOrrow and Black sails in the sunset are very good albums.

If I can find them, I'll be sure to listen to 'em :). And what do you think about Metallica? Everybody says that they are far too much noise.

I love their music, the avenged sevenfold lead singer sounds a bit like him actually. However, I really don't like the length of metallica's songs and their repetition is annoying.

yea.. your right about the repitition. But I don't really care about the length of the music, as long as it's below 5->6 minutes. And I can't miss any solo guitar play... its quite awesome. Now that I mention it, what do you think about solo play's?

hmmm what do you mean? I love guitar solos in music, I absolutely love Tom Morello's guitar techniques (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave). But if you mean solo artists... I don't know of any that I have a shining interest in. I can't name any decent ones. In fact I hate solo artists. Unless they just wail on their guitars and don't sing POP.

In fact I hate solo artists. Unless they just wail on their guitars and don't sing POP.

hehe :)
well I meant ofcourse while singing. And yeah, only guitar music isn't much without the drums, don't you agree?
btw 2 month's ago I was asked a very difficult question...
What is the best heavy metal song you have ever heard?
'm still thinking about it. You can choose only ONE! And after a lot of debating with myself. I'm kind of hanging between Metallica's Nothing else matters and Destruction's Release from agony.

ugh, that's a tough one yeah?
Mine would be listed below:

Korn - Y'all wanna single
A7X - Chapter Four

its terrible isn't it? I chose Metallica's nothing else matters (not the acoustic one, but the one with still a bit with heavy metal in it, after: "yeahyeah"if you get my grip). Because of the nice wailing sound that they make. And Destruction's Release from agony, because of... because of.., I don't know really :/ Maybe because they just yell and scream and make a lot of racket, I don't understand one word, but I know one thing, the way that they play the guitar. Destruction is a group from the 80's. Yeah its weird, but I was bored and I bought some cheap CD one day. And well after listening a couple of time, I must say it isn't that bad! The only loss is the bass..

I must say there isn't anything particular that attracts me to a heavy metal band. No idea. Probably the screaming part.

well I guess what I'm going to say now is spiritual blah :p
I've been thinking about why we listen to it.. like you said the screaming part might have something to do with the ability to throw away all the stress and tension that we've got into the music and "go with the flow" as I like to say it.

commented: True True +36

Yeah man, maybe that's it, I dunno, but I really really like the whole yelling/screaming thing, it does relieve a bit of stress I guess. I still have no idea of my fav. heavy metal song, it is leaning more toward a7x again, I guess it just changes with what I currently listen to *shrug*.

do you sing/playback to the music when there is noone around?

lol yep, and I do it when people are around too. I usually rip out my guitar for my fav songs and try to learn them.

Ah, if only I had an electric guitar... but here in Holland, they're so expensive! Almost worth 1600 dollars for a complete set with; boosters, P-bass guitar, etc.

haha, I payed around 1600 AU for my setup, probably about 2000 now.

so, its about the same amount :) but about the guitar, do you have a band?

I guess not, huh? Tell me about your guitar, is it like cool man? :cool:

lol soz for not replying. Yeah I'm kinda in a band at the moment.... kinda... and the guitar is a fully sic black Ibanez rg170, I love it man. I'm written a few riffs and songs, most are depressing since I used to be all morbid and stuff but yeah, things have gotten alot better since then, I just haven't written any songs because I'm waaaay to busy lately :).

well.. kinda.. in a band is better than not be in one, isn't it!
Like Wow man :cool: a black Ibanez rg170 :cool:
You are to busy because of the job or something else?

Yeah lately I've been pretty flat out with the job, this week especially. It's only a short week here in Australia, we had Monday off, and we have to go down to some awards thing in a town about 4hours away from here on Friday and I have to deploy my asp .net application so employees can update the vacancies page of our website instead of me doing manual data entry :P. Then on top of that I have to train all receptionists across the branches over the phone to use it. THEN on top of that, I have to create a powerpoint presentation for this awards thingy coming up. THEN on top of that, I am working on my personal website every spare moment I get. On top of that I am stressing out about some computer parts I've ordered from Brisbane that I ordered AGES ago and they still aren't in stock :(. You can imagine how stressed I am, I am fresh out of year 12, the only thing I had to worry about during school was missing the bus. Now it's bloody everything, phone bill, electricity bill etc etc. But everyone else has made it so I'm not going to let anything phase me :D I'm just staying happy. It's hard to be angry or upset having friends such as mine. Anyways that was one HUGE rant.

That SURE was! Well its good ta blow of steam anyway. Couldn't you like pass your work onto somebody else ;) and why does everything always come late in stock? I wonder if we ever get something on time again..

I saw your post on HTML, I know very little about HTML in common. ASX and PHP, though I do know how to do a presentation.

Post on html? Which one is that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.