3 or 4, and I'm miserable, can't get laid, can't get a raise etc. For non psychopaths perhaps there is a path towards more fulfillment in life by trying to be more of at least some points on this list?

I got a 26... and I meet the clinical criteria of antisocial personality disorder.

i scored 28. is somthing wrong with me.

Scored 34 and that is true. Already thought that would be the case before i started the test.

I got a 31 O.o

i got 20! be real people and think for yourselves. who makes the rules and laws. who decides what is truth and what is lies. YOU DO.

It's not like I am not a good person.

I just scored a 9. Because of this crappy low score, I told my co-workers to f-off, through my monitor and the person to my right (he may have died, didn't care to look). When they tried to stop me I blamed Daniweb for my actions because my actions are never my fault. I just apologized to the worker to my right (turns out he's ok). I got my monitor back from him and then through it at him again.

It's a good thing I'm not a psycopath!

He did become the richest and most powerful man in modern history.

AH actually was quite rich from the royalties on Mein Kampf...

I got 22... but that was with a 0 in the relationship questions, but I have never really been in any serious relationships and I am pretty sure that I would eek a few more points out of those. Also I have been diagnosed with ADHD,OCD, and Aspberger's syndrome... so the test is likely fairly inaccurate for me. I have also been through a lot of psychological testing, so I am pretty sure that if I were a psychopath, one of the psychiatrists would have noticed. :)

14, I thought i'd be higher haha

I scored 34. I've known for a long time that there was something extremely different about me and the way I fit into the world compared with everyone else. I do consider myself a genius, and even while reading that having that belief a trait of psychopathy I still believe it to be true. But it's nice to know that there's a label for me, to know that this condition is common enough to have its own label, and no just "That guy's an asshole."

I make my gf cry all the time bc I cannot empathize with her. I can just stare at people with a blank look while they are crying their eyes out and feel either nothing, or "mostly nothing." Sometimes its even funny... While I have never killed, nor have any desire to, I don't imagine I would feel bad if I had to.

But to me "people's feelings" are not the most important consideration in life. To me, human rights are the most important, and anything that gets in the way of establishing liberty and justice (which are, human rights), even people's feelings, are expendable, even necessarily so. In addition, I have no mechanism for empathizing with someone's hurt feelings if they are impeding the progress of freedom and justice.

I got a 38.
Additionally, for the record, it's obvious that some of you are inflating your scores to seem as if you are a sociopath. We can see through it. "Is that bad?" Oh, please.

Well that is the issue with the hare psychopathy checklist. Its a decent way to get an estimate of the psychopathic levels of a person, but it is by no means conclusive. It is far to easy to cheat, and it doesn't necessarily cover everything you need to know about a person to determine if they are a psychopath. The only way to find out if you are a psychopath is to go to a real psychologist and have them run the real tests, which often involve long answers, not just yes/no. I know this because I have been to many psychologists before. As such these checklists are more for getting a ball-park estimate of your chances of being a psychopath than anything else. (There is a similar issue with all the free Meyers-Briggs tests out there, the real one involves an influx of information and then a trained professional sorta 'measures' your processes when confronted with the information).

Scored 30. The best way to find out is pretty much an MRI report. But hey look I knew all my problems were never my fault to begin with.

I got a 30. But this test is pointless. Some of the questions aren't even related to the topic at hand

I scored 26. It is good to be me.

I scored 20. I also don't think that criminal activity should be a part of a test for psychopathy.

I got a 24 because I'm nit old enough to answer some of them...

The problem with checklists is that they are checklists. No one is one thing and not another; most people are a seething mass of contradictions that continually 'vote' on what is going on leading to how you feel on the conscious level. Some days your psycopath wins, sometimes it is the angel; heck sometimes it is the sociopath. There was an interesting TED Talk about on NPR (generic name for public radio) last night about mental issues - one was a reporter who worked to help get a psychopath out of prison. The pp (for short) had claimed psych. issues to get out of a 9 month jail sentence and ended up in the psych ward for 12 years(an approx. - I did not listen too closely). Every time he went up for his release hearings, they decided he was a pp based on the checklist. He kept changing his behavior to convince them he was okay but that behavior was on the checklist. Take the test honestly every couple years (or months) and see if things change for you.

Hmm, maybe I'm just sadistic

phew i was worried id get a higher score. i only got 10. with 5 others that i wouldnt quite say accurately describe me but could be percieved in such a manner. so like, 12.5

I score 40. I am a sociopath and proud of it.

I scored 32....damn

34-38. I'm considered a sociopath and not a psychopath so that affects a few answers. However it's more likely I'm around 36 to 38 depending on perspective. Number 19 would require me to be incarcerated first, and I've been able to talk my way out of any things I've been caught doing. Sociopaths have better behavioral controls and that also has affect on my answer which is probably a 1 for me.

I'm getting pretty close. 26.

*This test is supposed to be for people who have already commited a serious offence & are in line for psychiaric help - the general public wont get any real benefit from it, no matter how fun it may be to take ;)

I got 0... But the thing is, psychopaths can manipulate people to make them believe what they are saying. So I could have made a 40 and still think of a few other questions they could put on this test. The most dangerous people are those who can fake low scores. When is a psychopath ever honest? What would be the gain from that? I could be lying right now and no one would even second guess it. It's just text on the screen. But, then again, acting like your faking a psychopath could make you even less suspicious; all you have to do is not capitalize your i's and say something stupid like " o my gosh i think im a sicopath!!! ". I am a completly normal guy. I'm also a psychopath. But I'm also not a psychopath. What's the difference? No one even knows who I am!

i got 36

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.