Pot users want pot legalized. But one would wonder if pot users are even competent to make such a decision for themselves. Examples:

- Greenwood Village CO: Sonja Aguirre parked a car loaded with marijuana in a handicap parking space to save a few steps. The car was towed, and then she was arrested.

- New Braunfuls TX: Drug Dealer Robert Villarreal sold drugs to the same undercover officer three different times, and was arrested and sentenced each time. The third time (strike 3) he got 50 years.

- Orlando FL: Edgar Gavin and Jose Clark were hauling pot in a van with expired plates. Guess why police stopped them, and what they discovered inside.

- Dayton OH: Two people who intended to steal the entire inventory of an illegal pot farm shoplifted the pantyhose they intended to use as disguises from a local drugstore. But the store security caught them.

- Belleville IL: Anthony Martin called police to report that his pot plants were stolen. But when he led police to the scene of the crime, the plants were still there. Busted for using AND possession.

- A Monroe County IN man called police and reported that a homicidal bush was chasing him down the road, and that it was trying to kill him. He demanded that police search the house for the bush. They found a grow light, 55 marijuana plants, and labeled jars filled with different kinds of marijuana. (Maybe this explains the liberal hatred for President Bush.)

- Taylorsville KY: Danny Walden was shot by the rifle he rigged as a booby trap to protect the 115 pot plants in his house.

- Two people were stopped for speeding near Vincennes IN. They traded seats before stopping the car, so it would appear that the other person was driving. But the cop saw the seat exchange occur. There was a baby in the back seat, and the car reeked of marijuana smoke. The seat trade added reckless endangerment to the charges, and also added a charge to the baby's mother, also in the back seat.

- After the pot user was arrested on a warrant, he took the pot from his pocket and hid it in the police car seat, so he wouldn't have it on him when searched. But he forgot he had wrapped the pot in a traffic ticket he got earlier that day.

- The pot user reported that his TV had been stolen. When police arrived to investigate, they found several pot plants in the room the TV had been taken from.

- The pot user led two men around town, showing off all of his favorite pot sources. Then the men, who were undercover policemen, arrested him after he bought some pot for them. His amazed question: "You guys have been the cops - all day???"

- He threw the pot into the woods as he was being stopped by police for a traffic violation. But the policeman in the backup car saw where it went, and retrieved it in a few seconds.

- Howard Fisher, a South Carolina man who was transporting marijuana, crashed into a police car that was blocking I-95 to protect a crash scene.

- Three men with a load of pot were arrested on New York City's Triborough Bridge because they tried to run through the tollgate. They had $4000 in drugs, but didn't have the $4.50 for the toll. The driver had 8 current suspensions on his license.

- A man working community service for his drug possession conviction showed up with pot in his pocket at the pot-sniffing dog training center.

- Jesse Dale, faced with a traffic stop in Wilmington Delaware, tried to throw his stash out the passenger-side window. But the window was closed, and the stash landed on the passenger seat, out of his reach.

- Adam Hunter smashed his car into a house in Cookeville Tennessee. But he claimed he wasn't impaired, and explained the pot in his car. He didn't use it, he just sold it.

- Portland Oregon residents were bucketing water on the house fire, instead of calling the fire department. They had pot plants inside the house.

- Faced with a traffic stop, the druggie shook his bag of pot out the window. It blew back in the car, covering him with pot.

- Delshawn Prejean was arrested for leaving pot as a tip for a Starbucks waitress.

- Ismael Velasquez was arrested because his low-flow toilet wouldn't flush his pot. The baggie floated.

- The pot-using parolee knew he was going to be drug tested that day, so he got his uncle to provide a sample, which he then deftly switched for his own. He was then arrested for parole violation for cocaine use.

- Miami, FL: A man forgot his marijuana in a cab. The cabbie noticed the dope later and told the dispatcher, who called the cops. Later the guy called the cab company to ask if anyone turned in the "tobacco" he had left in the cab. The dispatcher told him he would have to come and identify it as his to get it back. He did. Cops busted him after he made the ID.

- The pot user offered to dispose of any pot the police had seized as evidence, by selling it and giving half the money to the police. The police gave him a bag, and then arrested him for drug dealing after his first sale.

- Pontiac MI: Christopher Johns, on trial for marijuana possession, said he had been searched without a warrant. The prosecutor said the officer didn't need a warrant because the "bulge" in his jacket might have been a gun. He said "nonsense" and handed the same jacket, which he was wearing, to the judge for examination. The judge found cocaine in the pocket.

- El Paso TX: Drug smugglers brought a propane tank truck into the US from Mexico. They rigged it so propane would be released from the valves, while the truck concealed a load of marijuana. But they misspelled the name of the gas company on the side of the truck.

- A man who reported a safe stolen from his home a month earlier faced charges after police found the safe - with almost a pound of marijuana inside.

- St. Louis MO: A man came to the police station to bail out a friend who was arrested earlier. The officer asked him to go through the metal detector. It goes off. The officer asks him to empty his pockets into the basket: cash, a pack of gum, and a bag of pot.

- San Antonio TX: Amy Brasher was arrested after a mechanic reported to police that 18 packages of marijuana were packed in the engine compartment of the car she brought in for an oil change.

- Cottonwood ID: The homeowner told police that the thief got his VCR, his bong, and his stash of marijuana. Luckily, however, the thief had missed his marijuana pipe. Possession of drug paraphernalia!

Pot use also causes major harm and expense to others, even killing some people:

- A Conrail engine driver high on pot crashed into a commuter train, killing two people.

- A commercial airline pilot high on marijuana crashed an air cargo plane at Newark airport.

- In 1985, a computer operator high on marijuana crashed the American Airlines reservation system, causing 19 million dollars damage.

- In 1990, the National Transportation Safety Board studied 182 fatal truck accidents. It found that just as many of the accidents were caused by drivers using marijuana as were caused by alcohol -- 12.5 percent in each case.

- Medford OR: Kevan Thatcher-Stephens sped recklessly through Medford and crashed, killing himself and another man as he ran a red light while running from police at over 100 mph. He ran from police because he had used pot.

- The son of the local judge seems to have sold Kevan (previous entry) the pot, and the judge was accused of covering for his son.

- Richard Davis was high on pot when he kidnapped and murdered Polly Klass.

- Ellettsville IN: A pot-smoking driver missed an easy curve and killed his two female passengers. He now faces manslaughter while intoxicated charges.

- In 2005, Cesar De La Rosa killed a boy on a bicycle while driving under the influence of pot.

- Of those who feloniously killed police officers in 2002, 46 percent had prior drug arrests.
That's higher than any other reason for arrest in this group.

- The statistics on impaired driving are slanted, because it is a lot more expensive to test for drugs than it is to test for alcohol. So almost all cases where both alcohol and drugs are present in intoxicating amounts are prosecuted on only the alcohol charge.

- Question: Are you aware that these people are also voting?

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

None of those are actually proof that pot is causing this stupidity or evidence to support the argument that it should not be legalized.

I agree.. that was really a stupid post, midimagic. In fact, many people believe it would be a great idea to legalize pot. For one, it would decrease crime... it would actually put some big-time crime/mob bosses out of business. Not only that, but I believe less people would want to do it if it was legal. I personally have never done it, but I think it actually should be legalized.

commented: Plus the govt can tax it, like alcohol and tobacco. +11

> Pot users want pot legalized.
Alcohol already is legal, and causes vastly more damage on a weekly basis all around the planet.

As well as demonstrating that most people inherit the "stupid" gene from both parents, alcohol also makes them loud and abusive in the process.

For the older readership, dig out some of the videos of the late Bill Hicks, then try to justify your asymmetric position on the drugs issue.

For the older readership, dig out some of the videos of the late Bill Hicks, then try to justify your asymmetric position on the drugs issue.

Never smoked pot, but when I was in college Speaking class of some sort during 1970s I started out to prove that pot was a dangerous drug. I read every medical book I could get my hands on at the local library that discussed the topic, and made a huge chart that showed book title, author and conclusions. Result: when I made my presentation I was convinced smoking pot is no more dangerous than alcohol, not one doctor could prove that pot caused any long or permanent problems and was less addictive thn tobacco. BTW that speech got me an A in the course :)

It's easy to spot pot users, they lean to the left!

It's easy to spot pot users, they lean to the left!

I didn't realize President Bush and his family were lefties (Bush himself was a drug abuser and alcoholic) :) pot apparently doesn't discriminate by political leanings.

>> I started out to prove that pot was a dangerous drug.
I was in a school debate before about a similar topic.... My fundamental arguement was that in 99% (I just made that up now - I can't remember the actual figure), of Irish cases pot is smoked. We all agree that smoking is detremental to ones health, correct? So how can adding thousands of extra chamicals make it any less dangerous. I argued that it was not the drug that made it dangerous but the means in which it was ingested. I think my teachers liked that slant on the topic.

None of those are actually proof that pot is causing this stupidity or evidence to support the argument that it should not be legalized.

Yep, pot smokers don't have a corner on stupid behavior.

Perhaps Midi can compile a comparison list of stupid things done by people who haven't smoked pot and demonstrate to us all that it is much shorter.... ?

better yet, why doesn't he compile a list of stupid things that he has done/said, and designate an entire thread to it..

>There's a lot of talk about drugs here of late (kinda). Did anyone ever play this game - http://www.geekhideout.com/druglord2.shtml It's pretty amusing!!

I've actually played the non graphical version before. Pretty easy to beat...

Seems like we have a lot of pot lovers here :P

To the OP, where did you find time to post all those examples? Maybe you should burn some bush in your free time...

I have a family history of mental illness so i stay away from the stuff. Never have tried it never will. Pot by the way is decriminalized in Canberra where i live meaning that you can have it for personal use but if you have over a certain amount your classed as a dealer and get hit with a fat fine.

>I have a family history of mental illness so i stay away from the stuff. Never have tried it never will. >Pot by the way is decriminalized in Canberra where i live meaning that you can have it for personal >use but if you have over a certain amount your classed as a dealer and get hit with a fat fine.

Is dealing actually illegal or do you just have to pay a steep tax?

As far as i know yes it is illegal. Im pretty sure if you get caught with more then 3 trees under a meter or with more then a certain amount on you in a public place then you get taken to court. There a judge decides wether or not you were dealing and issues a sentence. I think if you get found guilty as a dealer its jailtime otherwise its just a fine.

I used to have a teacher who used to represent a guy who was basically stoned all the time and every year he would get caught with more then 3 plants over a meter and every year he would simply go to court and say. "Look, im a Pot head im not going to deny that and i did have more then 3 plants but its cheaper for me to pay the fine for having more then that then it is to buy it on the streets." The judge would pretty much say " Well there is nothing i can do to stop you, so here is your fine and away you go i will see you next year."

if pot is lagalized, it will be regulated and tax and o0nly the bigb man will be able to seell, just like cigarettes, alcohol and any legal grugs out there, then the people who have been using for the past 1000 yeas will sue those comn[anies just like they did the tobaco company. therefore legalizing dope is a bad idea, people refrain from it because it's illegal, the moral being inside us tell us not to use it, at the same time the thrill from using/ doing something illegal adds to the rush, why make it easier for everyone

Where I live everyone (including your neighbor's dog) does pot. We have a serious drug problem in our country. People get killed all the time with relation to this drug trade. Legalizing marijuana and allowing people to grow their own (limited of course) should minimize this drug trade, and in turn these losses of life.

Just my thoughts.

if pot is lagalized, it will be regulated and tax and o0nly the bigb man will be able to seell, just like cigarettes, alcohol and any legal grugs out there, then the people who have been using for the past 1000 yeas will sue those comn[anies just like they did the tobaco company. therefore legalizing dope is a bad idea, people refrain from it because it's illegal, the moral being inside us tell us not to use it, at the same time the thrill from using/ doing something illegal adds to the rush, why make it easier for everyone

Did you bother to even read what you typed before you smashed the post button on this? You aren't creating a very strong argument with the poor logic and complete disregard for whether the words you attempted to type actually ended up in the message.

"the thrill from using/ doing something illegal" may be small factor in teenage experimentation, but beyond that the assertion is completely ridiculous.

Aw crap I posted this in the wrong board.... my bad :-/

Is it just me or are you guys just building post count? :twisted:

Pasta and turkey

It's just you.

Pot smokers and stupidity?

There are stupid people everywhere,
Example : we need lables on things like RVs that say cruise control is not an auto pilot because some idiot ( not smoking pot ) decided to put his on cruise control and get up to go make a sandwich.
result: Crash... law suit... new instructions

or the robber (not smoking pot) writes a hold up note on the back of his own personal check

or the robber that robbed a store wearing his work uniform and hard hat with the company name on the hat and his name on his shirt.

I could go on for days

stupid people are everywhere,that some smoke pot just shows how prevalent pot smoking is.

you sound like the expert that never smoked it and thinks it is a gateway drug to worse things.

We need labels like " don't use this in the shower" on blow dryers for idiots that can't think for themselves and beleive the crap they read without researching it.

Do you think Busch caused hurricane katrina also?

Wyerleader

oh I'm 49,I don't smoke pot but used to and know plenty of people that do and guess what ,several own VERY successfull businesses

sorry about the rant I just love an expert that reads and spews

Well said Wyer. It is good to hear from someone that has actually smoked it in the past especially as pretty much all the people here despite being either for or against its legalization have never actually tried it.

Well said Wyer. It is good to hear from someone that has actually smoked it in the past especially as pretty much all the people here despite being either for or against its legalization have never actually tried it.

Some have said they've never tried it, but many haven't mentioned one way or the other. As assumption of "pretty much all" seems unjustified.

Some have said they've never tried it, but many haven't mentioned one way or the other. As assumption of "pretty much all" seems unjustified.

Agreed. For istance, nobody on here knows whether or not I'm a pothead....

..but we can infer ;)

..but we can infer ;)

Oh, you mean ASSume? Yeah, you could but it wouldn't really mean much, would it?
:P

Inference and assumption are not the same thing.

Admittedly, they are related. You are assuming that the logical statements being inferred from are true. However, the inference itself is the act of deriving the logical conclusion(s) of the statements. I believe Josh was using the correct term in his post. He is making the assumption that scru has been honestly giving his opinions in his posts, and coming to a conclusion based off of that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled argument, most likely already in progress.

commented: Yes, thank you. I did use the correct term :) +12

Hrmm, I'm not certain if Josh's response was directed towards Scru's personal pothead status or the more general usage history of all posters. I took it to refer to my comment about not knowing history based on omission - which may not have been the case :)

Hrmm, I'm not certain if Josh's response was directed towards Scru's personal pothead status or the more general usage history of all posters. I took it to refer to my comment about not knowing history based on omission - which may not have been the case :)

Considering that scru ended his post with an elipsis, and Josh began his post with one, I would myself believe he was referring specifically to scru's comment, on the grounds that Josh's own comment was written in such a way to serve as a natural link to scru's comment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.