Yankeebastid 0 Newbie Poster

After a few false starts I learned how to program in php, html and use MySQL to build a website that is original. Actually two of them. One for Golf and one for Bowling. thebigblitz.com and potbowling.com. Both are proof of concepts and I am just now attracting some very interested people in both those industries. You can examine them yourselves.

About me.

I was born Sept 11, 1946 at St Mary's Hospital in South San Fancisco.. I just turned 63. I was trained in concepts of digital computers by the US Airforce in 1964 and later more advanced training in 1968. I was trained on flight simulation, specifically F-4C's. Later, I went on as a Field Engineer with Librascope in LA and performed ORDALTS to Submarine Fire Control systems for the Navy. I was asked to work on a Laser project for the US Army, utilizing one of the first laser designs in the blue-green and also Ultraviolet spectrum's. They called it the 'photochromic Large Screen Display'. Way ahead of its time. Used ROLM computers. After field trials proved it was proved to be too delicate for the field and too intricate for the average solder to maintain in the field. I moved on to the Data Gathering program for MK 48 Torpedoes. I rode most if not all of the submarines on the East coast during weapons trials off of the Bahamas at AUTEC. For these DGS, we used CDC 6400. Ferrite core magnetic memory. Amazing what you could do with 16k of memory. Thats right, 16 K! I spent roughly twelve years riding the boats till we won the coldwar and they didn't need us anymore. Went to a think tank in Chaleston SC and wrote a program to track Cruise Missle launcher deficiencies on Ships and Submarines fitted with that equipment. I used a db called RBase, a relational data base system that was so easy to use and build db's. Again, as the military drew down its requirements for civilian support, I moved on to consulting. I was db administrator of a Multi Value Architecure based Maintenance Management System, MAPCON. for a Manufacturing company. Learned to write using their program Advanced Revelation, or AREV. After 4 yrs as a temp I took a job as Administrator that same application for the United States Antarctic Program. Was on of the two administrators for the whole program - Globally. I went to the South Pole twice. When a new vendor appeared and with little chance for pay raises, I struck out as a Consultant with a little botique company called Metapower whose niche was Nuclear Power Facilities. Worked projects with TVA and Ontario Power/Nuclear div. Super jobs. But around 2000 I saw an opportunity to go on my own and have designed for the web a program I wrote for batch having to do with what you now see on <URL SNIPPED>. I finally had to write it myself in 2005, but am only now getting serious people looking at the concepts. In between 2000 and 2005 (after going broke during the meltdown of dot coms) I consulted to Spring PCS, Southern Bell Corp, (both data migrations) H & R Bloch financial advisors [data warehousing],took a break from IT and learned how to drive a Big Truck, which I did for 6 months, Trident Technical College (Benifactor-Unibasic), another community college in Tampa, then worked a bit driving Budget trucks from vendor to vendor (not my best years, but was able to keep my house in Charleston) and finally some office work for a trucking company in Charleston as well. I retired but still dabble with my websites and because I had more time was able to attract some interest. And that is what brought me to this site to find out how to write a batch file that will open a web page for me. The original code got trashed with my Hard drive and I cannot remember how I called it before, so any help would be wonderful.

I don't expect that many of you got to this point, but if you did I thank you and hope you can help me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.