Hi! CSCGAL and fellow seekers after truth. My name is Ed Langham and I am new to Daniweb. It appears to be a great community and I am looking forward to some interesting exchanges. Right now I need to find a forum where I can get advice on ways of looping a short video without it interupting each time it restarts. I can do this with a video editor but I would like to do it with a freely available package such as Windows media player. I realise this is not the forum to pursue this but any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ed

P.S. I would be happy to include a headshot but I haven't figured out how to do this.

Greetings, Dani, and the rest!

Just dropping by to say hi. Came across your forum at TAZ. Looking good! :)

Hi I am probaly younger than all of you!

10/09/1991

turned 13 today!

Hey arturiusrex, welcome. If you click on the control panel in the navigation bar you can then upload an avatar or a profile picture :)

Welcome techguy! You came here from TAZ so I am assuming you're a forum owner yourself. This is a longshot, I know, but by any chance are you from the popular www.techguy.org forum?

Hehe welcome jl! :) Good thing you turned 13 today because it's against the law for forums to accept registrations from anyone under 13 ;)

Welcome techguy! You came here from TAZ so I am assuming you're a forum owner yourself. This is a longshot, I know, but by any chance are you from the popular www.techguy.org forum?

Sorry to disappoint: I do know the owner of www.techguy.org, and talk with him (on AIM) every once in a while, but I am not he. I do have a forum myself - www.hftonline.com, but it's a lot newer than his, and not as popular, I am afraid. :)

Hello I'm jboy, a rookie to programming. I'm taking my first course in java and having problems converting a program done in a while loop, to a program done in a for loop and do while loop. Any sugestions or examples would be helpful. Thanks

Hi jboy, and welcome. Perhaps the best suggestion I could make to start with is that you bring up the main forum menu and locate the 'Java' forum section. Post a topic in there and I'm sure you'll receive assistance.

Hello, My name is Kurt and I am an Electrical Engineer for a small company that manufactures Precision Liquid Dispensing systems.

I have been here for 14 years working with hardware and will now begin to learn how to program microcontrollers in the ANSI "C" Language and any help from all you good people will be greatly appreciated.

Please bear with me as I am sure a lot of questions I may ask may have already appeared in other posts and I will do my best to search before asking, so I won't waste anybodies time.

Thank You in advance.

How do I post a new thread?

Bring up the Forum section which relates to your topic or question, then click on the 'New Thread' button above the list of existing topics.

Give your thread a descriptive name, and type in your post. If it's a question, try to give as much information about your PC, software and what you've done as you can, so long as it seems relevent.

When you're done, click on the 'Submit New Thread' button beneath the editing box.

Hello everyone, i am very new to this forum and this is my first post. i am a+ cert and need alot more experience, which is hard to get because everybody's grandma in florida is a tech.
i am 45 y/o and thinking of pursuing some education in IT but not sure what route to take, considering mcse for starters....
any suggestions would be welcomed.

Hi ppl

just a lil note to say hi and intoduce myself.

iam 23 male and iam in south africa i have been all my life.

ive been online now for about 6 years or so also done a course in computers but lack experience.
i got a comp problem at the moment and stumbled across this forum and i'll post my problem in the appropriate section of this site.
having studied comps and that i should be able to solve my own problems but i still have to ask how to do things and such just because its different when a person is working on another persons comp but when its ur own that u working on i know for myself iam so worried that i would do something wrong and make the problem worse

anyway i'll see you all in the forums

:evil: Angelus :evil:

i just did my sig but i cant find where to edit my pervious post

Hello, my name is Esteban and I just started working at eforcers, a web development company based in Bogota, Colombia. Those interested in what we do can check our site out at www.eforcers.com , for now our site is only in Spanish, but our english version will be ready soon (i'm the one translating it :cheesy: ).

All right, i'm gonna be honest with you, i'm just posting my 10 posts so I can post at the marketplace.

See ya!.

There is first time for everything ............... this is the first time for me in daniweb.com

Hi, err, im ReDuX alike it says to the left.
I do anything techy really, been a network admin in a school, done all sorts relating to security, websites, networks, networks and more big-honkin networks, fast and slow.
uhm, been doin websites for years now, enjoy it lots :)
also run a webhosting biz and a number of websites and communities from xbox modding to pc hardware, software and coffee machines.
For anyone that doesnt know:
Coffee = Geek Fuel.
Gah!, just as i start typing, work comes along, must cut this short
Toodle !
p.s., could you FIT more banners in ?
so destracting.. flashy... shiny... Mmmmmmm *drools*

Hi, my name is Darice. I used to handle hardware and software some years back when I worked as a systems project manager for a large corp. but no longer work and mainly now just sit in front of my PC and use the Internet.

I came across your forum while researching an IE problem which I'll post later.
Lots of interesting posts!! Glad to be aboard.

Ok so incase it isn't obvious... I am ReDuXs girlfriend. And I'm atempting to learn a bit of what he knows. Considering he is the most intellegent man I have ever spoken to that is quite the task.

I help him run some of his websites, ok I answer questions and pass them on to him, but I feel useful... :o

I have a great teacher, so I hope I can learn a lot. :mrgreen:

DEEPSAND here!

Guys i am based in London - & tend to ask for help occasionally so pls don't be offended.

I am quick offer help if it is needed too.

My speciality is mobile phones (anything to do with mobiles..)! So do not hesitate to ask!!

Thanks.

Hello, I'm JAMMAN. Do a little web work and I'm here mostly for tips on exposure.

Glad to be here, looks like a cool bunch of people. :cool:

Hey all! I'm Jason and I'm a struggling comp sci major at Texas Christian University. I've been doing programming in Java for the last two years and I'm presently taking a class in Data Structures (bleh!) And next semester I'll begin programming in C++. Anyhoo, just wanted to get on here and have my presence be known. I'll post any questions that might come up. Thanks

Hi, my name is Andy, I'm a 4th year computer science student at RGU in aberdeen scotland. I run a small design/hosting service and also run a tourism website with a couple of friends on a small island in canada called prince edward island. Learning PHP/MySQL just now - I worked tech support for an outsource tech support company for the last year which helped a bit, but I'm still a big noob. Thanks for any help any of you champs can give.

Go aberdeen!

Andy

Hey there forum lurkers - all you people who are browsing the site but still haven't taken a minute to sign up. I just thought it would be a nice idea to welcome you all to the forums. Why not drop us a line and say howdy here? Heck, you don't even need to register to reply to threads here in the Geek's Lounge forum! Go ahead, introduce yourself ;)

Hi,Just signed up, kind of new at this,hoping to find some tips and help on occasions when I scew things up.
Chas-O.

this is new to me! i am trying to learn the internet and will learn to make money. i cannot live on what the VA give me for my injury to my back.
i just thought that this may be a place to learn the language of c++ and i will keep up my search for the internet pot of gold.

it is out there and i will find it for my family. hope that aoo of you do the same, and become millionaires.

lots'0love4ever&ever eltonjd G:eek:

Hi to all the newcomers. Dani's been busy with personal matters lately and hasn't been able to drop in much, so I'll welcome you all on her behalf and express out desire that you find this forum helpful, and that you remain here and pass on your own experiences and knowledge for the benefit of others.

Remember everyone, the 'expert' is only the bloke who's read a few more pages of the manual than you have! ;)

Oh, by the way elton. 'Rule' number one is that fancy fonts and multi-cloloured text are hard to read, and people often don't like to see them. Well, okay, it's not really a 'rule'. But it's a truism nevertheless :D

Hey Catweazzle! I still do stop by here as often as I can, although I don't post as much as I should be. But, I know that Aussie in you will explain to me what a bloke is, right?

Hi Dani,

The Koorie in me says that a 'bloke' is a 'fella'. The pedant in me says that a 'fella' is a 'man'. The larrikin in me says that I shouldn't use the term 'guy', because saying 'guy' is 'gay'. The PC Gamer in me says that 'gay' in that sense has nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality.

But above all, the 'nice old bloke' in me says that I shouldn't really have used such a gender-specific term!

:D

Greetings all. I am new to this forum or any other but have begun to have problems with some of my programming classes and thought some fresh minds might not only make for good help but good friends. I will try to post help whenever i can.

Hi Dani,

The Koorie in me says that a 'bloke' is a 'fella'. The pedant in me says that a 'fella' is a 'man'. The larrikin in me says that I shouldn't use the term 'guy', because saying 'guy' is 'gay'. The PC Gamer in me says that 'gay' in that sense has nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality.

But above all, the 'nice old bloke' in me says that I shouldn't really have used such a gender-specific term!

:D

my oath blue. g,day.

Hi everyone,
SHellie here. yes I am new to the forum. Just looking for answers on problems that lovely AOL & Microsft dream up while I am sleeping.
SHellie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.