Hope this is the correct forum to post this question. Just looking for a place to store data on the web for free. I know Microsoft has skydive where you can store about 10G just wondering if there are any places availeble. Does yahoo or google offer something similar?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Hi.
I think, mediafire is a website where you can post a lot of data, check mediafire.com

Thanks Mediatech, just registered with mediafire. Its great. Exactly what I wanted, much better than MS skydive. Cheers!

Hope this is the correct forum to post this question. Just looking for a place to store data on the web for free. I know Microsoft has skydive where you can store about 10G just wondering if there are any places availeble. Does yahoo or google offer something similar?

www.divshare.com is another good site. very organized and easy to use.

Some more here -

divShare: Upload all kinds of files here, including multimedia. Includes integration with Facebook and WordPress.
Omnidrive: Up to 1 GB free online storage; integrates with Zoho and Snipshot.
Yuntaa: Free up to 1 GB; also offers blogging.
YouSendIt: Need to send a really big file? Use YouSendIt to send files up to 2 GB.
MediaMax: Up to 25 GBs completely free; this includes video hosting as well.
Senduit: Need to share a large file with someone? Try Senduit - just upload your file, share a secure URL, and you're all set.
FileHo: Upload, host, and share files for free - with unlimited storage available.
Megashares: Up to 10GB available for upload storage; you get a URL where your files can either be privately or publicly accessed.
Badongo: Free file hosting that allows you unlimited files, photos, etc. to share.
Up-File: Unlimited file size; you can upload pretty much anything here to share with others.

much better than MS skydive.

Somehow im not surprised :)

Welcome ashore stephie217 :)

word of warning. tons of this free service will remove files if not active.

:) Hey. I don't know about any website that offers free data storage. However, know that dell has one for small price. Maybe you check that out.

There are a few but they charge you a minimum amount

There is always good ol fashion x-drive. got me thinking if my account is still there..old school

I know Geek Squad has 25Gb for $49/year

Google gives a program with several gig that places a hd on your my computer with of course its own letter

how to upload a multimedia file

I like Dropbox.com. it if you work between multiple computers, it's fantastic...

yeah iv been using rapidshare since day one now there's like a thousand file hosting sites just like it

i have to save my pc data (unlimited) which only i can retrive any time.
I don't want to share my data but i want share others data?
is it possible? How?

esnips also provide space for your data

word of warning. tons of this free service will remove files if not active.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.