hi
i want to design a new web browser but i have no idea that which programming language is best for it
so please suggest me from which language i should start....

i have a knowlege of c/c++ and java
and in web area HTML/css/Xhtml/flash programming/java scripts(learning)

-PC(INDIA)

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Dunno.

But comparing "i want to design a new web browser" with the cast of thousands (probably) who work on firefox, what exactly are you hoping to achieve?

Firefox it seems uses many languages, as no single language would be the best choice at all levels of the program.

Just curious, why would you want to design a web browser? There's IE and firefox and several others around.

because i always want live life with a big dream

ok you telling right that i shold be specific but according to my knoweledge firefox uses mainly c/c++ and java script

ok so first of all i want to design some add-ons for firefox specialy themes for firefox so then tell me from which language i should start for doing this work i also joined mozilla communityand continously working and reading about it

but if u tell me then i am very thank ful to you
-PC(INDIA)

Actually i also need help to design a web browser...dunno which lang to select and from where to start.....i have to design it for my project work...so plz help me ............ty..all............and uhh rply ASAP...........

Um. People, it is very tough to create a fully functional web browser such as Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc. If you want to do something simple, how about using Python and a GUI toolkit to retrieve a website, then display it. It'd just have a simple address bar, and you type in the address, then it grabs the website's html, from connecting to port 80 of the ip address, and displays it. But it'd be very tough to make a fully functional browser all by yourself

1st u need to be very rich in order to develop your own web browser... even if you do know how to develop it... but it takes manpower to develop such a big project! I know u want to develop a web browser for for your country India. well it's not impossible... i have seen many aspiring indian programmer before and they made it.... one example would be Pranav Mistry.

My advice is start out on small projects. Building a professional web browser is a huge undertaking and it could take you years to catch up to the level of complexity that FireFox, Opera and Chrome have.

ok thanx for above answers.... anyhow can u guide how to develop. otherwise any links regarding this issue... iam not bothering abt time.. because iam a student ..plz let me know....

Thanks in Advance....

I would also like to design a web browser but I don't know how to go about it too.

then study C or C++ programming language as browsers are created by this

You really should consider what else the world needs. Web browsers have been done, and done very well (though they keep getting better, it is incremental). The people who say "start small" are partly correct. Instead, I suggest you start with something that has been making you crazy, that a smart programmer could do something about. (And, try to pick something small so you can get done: It feels really good to get something done). For instance, as a programmer I'm constantly coming up against various problems merging two branches of code. All the tools that I've used are text based, but code has syntax and if the tool "understood" the syntax of the language I'm writing in, it could sometimes do a much better job. This is particularly annoying in (X|HT)ML but it occurs everywhere.

i agree with griswolf i think Firefox is the best browser out there

Buliding a web browser is not easy. If anyone try to build a browser personally it's normally not sounds genuine, pls don't mind. Hi level programmer and professionals are very satisfied in using the browsers Chorme, IE, Safari, mozilla firefox..

browser is good. but firefox is better. IE sucks.

hi
i want to design a new web browser but i have no idea that which programming language is best for it
so please suggest me from which language i should start....

i have a knowlege of c/c++ and java
and in web area HTML/css/Xhtml/flash programming/java scripts(learning)

-PC(INDIA)

firefox is coded in c++ and javascript, just some idea

Hi,

Even i am interested in developing a new browser. Please let me know in case of any reference.

Thanks in advance..
Kalyan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.