...to find a job in IT? Graduated last year with a BS in Computer Science /networking and can't seem to get my foot in the door.
Sent out hundreds of resumes with little no reply. Could be my resume sure....but i changed it three times using IT resumes online as a template and still nothing.
Currently working elsewhere for minimum wage which is about as irritating as it gets.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Certifications and experience are the key

Certifications and experience are the key

Certifications? If you want to be a certified moron. A BS in Comp Sci is more than enough certification unless you got it from Bob Jones University.

DavidT, if I received your resume, what would make me want to hire you?

well i know people here with degrees who get passed over for jobs in favour of the guy with a couple of months experience and some sort of cert.

I equipped myself with lots of confidence, positive thinking, embraced with knowledge on the field applied, and most of all, prayers to help keep me up with the latest.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.