Is there any of you Software Developers, Computer Programmers, Web Developers/Designers willing to be interviewed regarding your career in IT.

I'm a college (SAIT) student, in my first year, and planning to major in Software Development. I have this career plan assignment.

I need someone to interview via email regarding their career in IT; someone who would be willing to give their information such as their email, name, company; because without these information, this interview will not be credited by my instructor.

If anyone could help me with this, it'll be greatly appreciated.

For privacy purposes, anyone interested, please message me privately with your email address and I will email you with my questions attached.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Is there any of you Software Developers, Computer Programmers, Web Developers/Designers willing to be interviewed regarding your career in IT.

I'm a college (SAIT) student, in my first year, and planning to major in Software Development. I have this career plan assignment.

I need someone to interview via email regarding their career in IT; someone who would be willing to give their information such as their email, name, company; because without these information, this interview will not be credited by my instructor.

If anyone could help me with this, it'll be greatly appreciated.

For privacy purposes, anyone interested, please message me privately with your email address and I will email you with my questions attached.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

What is your job like?
- A typical day?
- What do you do? What are the duties/functions/responsibilities of your job?
- What kinds of problems do you deal with?
- What kinds of decisions do you make?
- What percentage of your time is spent doing what?
- How does the time use vary? Are there busy and slow times or is the work activity fairly constant?

What are the most important personal satisfactions and dissatisfactions connected with your occupation? What part of this job do you personally find most satisfying? Most challenging? What do you like and not like about working in this industry?

What obligations does your employer place have on you outside of the ordinary work week? What social obligations go along with a job in your occupation?
- Are there organizations you are expected to join?
- Are there other things you are expected to do outside work hours?

How has your job affected your lifestyle?
Is there flexibility related to dress, work hours, vacation schedule, place of residence, etc.?

How is the economy affecting this industry - the IT industry?

What sorts of changes are occurring in your occupation?

How does a person progress in your field? What is a typical career path in this field or organization?
- What is the best way to enter this occupation?
- What are the advancement opportunities?
- What are the major qualifications for success in this occupation?

What are the educational, requirements for this job? What other types of credentials or licenses are required? What types of training do companies offer persons entering this field? Is graduate school recommended? An MBA? Does the company encourage and pay for employees to pursue graduate degrees?

How did this type of work interest you and how did you get started?

How well did your college experience prepare you for this job?

What special advice do you have for a student seeking to qualify for this position?

Do you have any special world of warning or encouragement as a result of your experience?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.