To get an answers to my questions, I need to tell you about my profile. Computer Programmer Analyst old fashion (D.O.S. environment, not windows). Languages:
Pascal, C, MS Cobol, Clipper, Turbo Basic (C++ but no experience programming), Oracle.
The questions are: What should I study in the field of IT that put me in the market the sooner the better and start making some money. What should I study? The quicker and the easier. I've seen what they've been asking like ASP.NET, C# (C-sharp), VB.NET, HTML, JAVA, SQL, PHP, Delphi, Web Development, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Pearl, Database Administration. I've been thinking of Visual C++ and Visual Basic. I would appreciate your sincere suggestions. By the way I'm doing the transcripts and going to school to get the High School Diploma (I only need .75 credit to get it). After that I'll enroll for the Associate's Degree in Information Technology.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You seem to have your head together and are doing the right things. Stay in school and get a bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university. Programmers today are a dime a dozen and you need to make yourself stand out from the crowd. Getting a 4-year degree will help you do that.

What should you study? Depends on your interests, but most people limit their studies to just a couple languages or so. You know the old saying -- Jack of all trades, master of none. Don't put yourself in that situation.

I have a suggestion:if you want to analyse programs,you may study Assembly Language(asm),because that's the foundation of analysis.

You seem to have your head together and are doing the right things. Stay in school and get a bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university. Programmers today are a dime a dozen and you need to make yourself stand out from the crowd. Getting a 4-year degree will help you do that.

What should you study? Depends on your interests, but most people limit their studies to just a couple languages or so. You know the old saying -- Jack of all trades, master of none. Don't put yourself in that situation.

Thank you very much for your sincere feedback.

I have a suggestion:if you want to analyse programs,you may study Assembly Language(asm),because that's the foundation of analysis.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I prefer to develop in a high level programming language without having to complicate my life.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.