Does anyone know of a company that pays consultants consistently during a project instead of waiting to collect from their clients first? So you don’t have to wait a couple months to finally get a paycheck…and it’d be nice if they actually paid well too – not like 20% of what they’re getting paid!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Robert Half pays weekly, as does Adecco. You get about 50% of what they charge

Do they provide w2 perks? 401k, etc? Thanks in advance.

They have group benefits available but make no contribution to them. You pay full price for any insurance (based on the group price). You get no paid vacation. Adecco actually does offer paid vacation but you have to be on the job from Jan 1 to Dec 31 (yes, those dates, not just one year) (unless they've changed their rules recently).

Great post! I think forums are one of the most popular and easiest way to get free knowledge. Thanks a lot

They have group benefits available but make no contribution to them. You pay full price for any insurance (based on the group price). You get no paid vacation. Adecco actually does offer paid vacation but you have to be on the job from Jan 1 to Dec 31 (yes, those dates, not just one year) (unless they've changed their rules recently).

Great info, thank you. Do you have any insight to share on Comsys and IQ Tech Pros?

Well, I used to work for Comsys a long time ago (they actually bought the company I worked for). Now this was back in the late nineties, so thing may have changed. Back then you were a Comsys employee, and were paid on a twice-a-month cycle. They offered benefits which you paid part, they paid part. Two weeks vacation, sick time, etc. You get holidays off unless the client doesn't take the day off, in which case you get a floating holiday. Pay was above industry average.

Never heard of IQ Tech Pros :)

Thank you again Momerath. Anyone have experience with the other company, IQ Tech Pros?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.