I posted a link to my personal website on Facebook. When I click the link to verify it works, I get a message from Safari saying the site I'm trying to visit may be hosting malware. The site it refers to is search-box.in, which is NOT my site. Does anyone know why I would be getting this? (I don't get the message if I visit my site directly).

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

why don't you ask Facebook???

If I open the site in Chrome I also get a warning when visited directly. Your domain may be blacklisted.

Its better if you can send the link which you have posted.

I posted a link to my personal website on Facebook. When I click the link to verify it works, I get a message from Safari saying the site I'm trying to visit may be hosting malware. The site it refers to is search-box.in, which is NOT my site. Does anyone know why I would be getting this? (I don't get the message if I visit my site directly).

Don't worry, Your FB won't get hacked that easily. but for your safety, clean cookies, and web history, change your PWD into Lowhighnumeric case one... it's alright.

The issue was a hack to an insecure Wordpress plugin. The .htaccess file on my server had been changed. I corrected the issue.

Thanks all...

Ask facebook :P

commented: The poster problem already have been solved +0

The issue was a hack to an insecure Wordpress plugin. The .htaccess file on my server had been changed. I corrected the issue.

Thanks all...

When you use third party software's in your website please note that you will upgrade the version to latest one to avoid vulnerabilities. It is a very important thing that you should look into.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.