I am in a class at my high school currently that requires that I complete a project that interests me. I created a Wordpress theme. One of the requirements for this project is interviewing someone. As I don't know any web developers I was wondering if someone would be willing to answer a few questions for me:
1) How many years have you been a web developer?
2) What do you like most about your job?
3) What do you like least about your job?
4) About how many hours do you work each week?
5) What do think the most important thing for me to do if I want to become a web developer?

Hi AspiringCoder, I'd be happy to answer your questions.

1)About 2 years

2)I like being able to work with the same programming language everyday (Visual Basic.net), but work on different projects, and different parts of similar projects. It is very rewarding when something stumps you, but you finally figure it out and get to see everything working together properly. It is also awesome to revisit old code/projects and see how much you have improved since doing them.

3)I start work at 6 am so that stinks :). My team does not have much in the way of designers, so I am responsible for turning what business users say into a finished product...there is pretty much no middle person in between who does design. Requests also change frequently, which makes meeting deadlines hard at times.

4)I work 40 hours a week on average. Could work up to 45, but generally don't need to.

5)I think going to college and taking programming classes is an excellent path to take. If you do not go the college path it will take MANY programming samples and tons of knowledge to get your foot in the door at your first job. I think the most important thing is to be passionate and enjoy what you are doing though.

Hope these answers help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.