I should be actually asking this via a Google+ post but I haven't joined yet and therefore cannot post it. I hope someone here can answer it.

Before joining, Google indicates that we are responsible for the loss of our 'data'.

Now, the only important data I have on google are my mails. Do they mean that our mail accounts can get compromised because of a bug in Google+ ?

Again I'm sorry if this is the wrong place but I need to know pretty soon since I'm turning down many invitations because of this doubt.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You are absolutely right. If a hacker attac your google+ account your Gmail account will be affected since they are all connected to each other.

Thanks a lot for that! I'm convinced then that I should stay away from Google+ at least until their tests are over. And even more, I think it's a bad idea that Google started something like this.

You are absolutely right. If a hacker attac your google+ account your Gmail account will be affected since they are all connected to each other.

as will your blogger account, your youtube account, and your google payment account (which contains your credit card details).
Your orkut account, if you have one, is also linked to that.

And of course gmail allows you to link your yahoo and msn/Windows Live accounts to your gmail account, so those could be compromised as well.

commented: :) +0

as will your blogger account, your youtube account, and your google payment account (which contains your credit card details).
Your orkut account, if you have one, is also linked to that.

And of course gmail allows you to link your yahoo and msn/Windows Live accounts to your gmail account, so those could be compromised as well.

Lol:D

@Jingda, are you suggesting that it's safe to work on Google+ while it's in "Field test"?

I really think the answer received thus far are worth considering as 'cautious advice'.

Nope. It will be best not to use Google+ for the time being/

It simply means that they provide no warranty for storage of data you store using their service, and also as a result shall not be liable for any damages or loss incurred by you due to loss of such data as a result of system failures, deletion, compromise.

A 'Use at your own risk' service - like parking your car outside a shop!

Ya,I am totally agree with you,Both G mail and Google + are related with each there,so they are affected with each other also.

I haven't heard too many good responses about Google+. It may need some more time to take off but it seems weak right now. Google is Google is everywhere. There are so many ways you can get compromised but with Google it seems that once one door is open then there is the potential for you entire online home to burn.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.