Hello I am a senior in high school about to apply to college. I am at a crossroads right now and I need help learning more about what a comp sci degree will give me. I have been planning to major in comp sci for a while, I've had comp sci ap classes and web development intern/jobs on a small scale. I want to know what id learn with a comp sci degree (java, c++, c#, visual basic?) what my job choice would be, and what I would learn if I were to go to graduate school. I want to know if I get to choose of specific specialization like web dev, or programming, or database management, etc.
If there are any comp sci majors in here what hardsships did you face and what should I prepare for?
thank you for helping me

I would focus on c++, the reason is that it can be applied to many disciplines. Right after finishing college I recommend to go straight to Grad School where you will meet people that want to improve themselves beyond what they learned and practiced in college. Finally, I recommend to get a job in a medium to large company to learn about all the facets of making a product and then, when you are fed up with the politics, move to a start-up where you will play many roles associated with making a product.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.