I'm wondering if my system will support my music needs. The system is a 400Mhz Mac G4 Sawtooth AGP with 1 Gig of RAM. OS 10.3.7 is used for Garage Band and OS 9.2.2 for ProTools Free. I need larger chunks of space on my hard drive to record so I'm getting Norton Utilities for Mac to defrag my hard drive that has 2 gigs of memory left. If this is not enough I'm considering getting an additional 80 gig WD HD internal hard drive with an 8 MB buffer and a matching controller card. That is where draw the line for cost. If it gets much above $100. I won't bother and wait.

Musically I'm using a Micro Korg and an Edirol PCR-30 Midi Keyboard Controller. I also want to pursue a career as an Recording Engineer in San Diego.

I just love talking to my self. The answer is yes. This will work with an external hard drive. The 10 Gig hard drive needs more than 20% of HD space to work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.