I'm too lazy to do research right now, and I'll probably get better responses on here anyways.

Is it possible to just buy a 32" LCD TV and use it as your monitor and your TV? Not at the same time of course. Just a thought someone at work had today, and I didn't really have a clear answer.

Why shouldn't you do this (as I can't imagine there being any benefits... but maybe i'm wrong)?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>Is it possible to just buy a 32" LCD TV and use it as your monitor and your TV?
Of course. Depending on your video card's output options and your TV's input types you may or may not have to buy an adapter that will convert the signals.

DVI input is standard on almost all modern TVs nowadays. If you have a VGA monitor, you're probably going to need something like this. If you've got DVI out directly from your video card, great. You can send it directly to your TV with zero loss in quality (assuming that your TV does support DVI input).

commented: kudos! +4

rgr. great info.

thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.