hi.

i am looking for a free web hosting service. i did search daniweb archives for people who asked similar questions but some of the sites mentioned seem to no longer work while others are just plain unsuitable.

i am planning on developing a website which keeps track of Daniweb chess players results in a round robin tournament. it should make allowance for the following.

it should be free. like in really and totally free. i dont care about how many adds the owners would like to place just as long as it is free.

it should support some type of database. preferably ms access. but if that is not possible then some other database which i can download for free. if all else fail then i can store the tables in a file but can one put a file on a web hosting server and then access it?(sorry if this question seem silly but i am new to web development.)

it should also support javascript and php. the javascript is to make the screens interactive and the php to access the database. these are not cast in stone and i can adapt to other technologies. i just need a way to interact with data stored on the server and a way to make the screens come alive.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.