tiger86 16 Posting Pro

Everyone has heard of 2nd life, the infamous site where you can do basically anything and no one cares.
you no longer are just stuck with one option Google has just unveiled “lively” a 3d Google game where you can create your own avatar, edit your room, make your room available on MySpace or a website of your choosing. You can go to and download lively to your computer , after you have downloaded lively you can create your own room, put in furniture, and throw a party with your friends.

You can see popular lively rooms , so if your bored and want to meet strangers those are the rooms for you; always beware that the internet is just that a “net” people can pretend to be something they aren’t so be careful.

At the moment Lively has very few options for avatars, about 6 different skin colors, and not a huge selection of shells to create your room with. Lively is still in Google Labs experiments; once it is out of the Lab I am sure there will be a lot more avatars and shells to choose from. Right now users can chat with other avatars, view their chat history, make pre-programmed gestures, and just have fun.

The downside to lively is that currently it is only compatible with Vista and XP so if you are on a Macintosh or a Linux Operating System you can’t use it.

Developers will see Lively as a amazing shell; you have to get permission from Google to be a developer for Lively; if you do get permission the possibilities are endless. I envision Lively worlds that most people couldn’t imagine; worlds that developers have wanted to build but the lack of money stopped them from creating the dream that lives inside their head. I know many developers would like to help develop lively so head over to the developers page and send an email to Google.

If you have read this blog and you see kingzuda (that’s me) in a lively room let me know!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.