vBulletin. Anytime, anywhere. ;)

Hey can you tell me how can i get signature file under my post. Please guide me.

I'm currently running vBulletin 3.5 and i havent looked back once of my inferior IPB days ^_^

im a forum whore. i have like 5 forums i use the one i got now its like the best check it out

phpBB .. modded and tweaked. I also have IPB but I hate the template system.

I use SMF. It is very easy to mod (if you know some php ofcourse)

In the past I have used phpBB too, but it is too unsecure and produces big overhead to the server.

I'm not sure what SMF is like, but with its old YaBB! counterpart, all HTML was hard coded in PHP. No templating system other than some CSS. Is this still the case?

I'm not sure what SMF is like, but with its old YaBB! counterpart, all HTML was hard coded in PHP. No templating system other than some CSS. Is this still the case?

No it is not like that. It has a template system(very good one) and the default templates are XHTML and CSS validated.

ubbthreads is a bit, well .... passee. IMO, it's so simplistic and lacks style and design. On the other hand, there are some instances when simplistic is all you need or want.

Have you guys tried out bb boards ?
I think seeing the demo , it was quite impressive . I know its not php , but nevertheless its a good forum . what are your thoughts about it ?

I notice that these are all PHP based forums, when will there be a good competitor for forums like Vbulletin and IPB. As far as I can see there really is only Webwiz forum that comes close in ASP. Does anyone else know of any other better ones.?

There's an ASP.NET one called ... umm ... Community Server I think.

yeah I have heard of that one, microsoft use it on their ASP.net forum but It doesn't look to good. Anyway I have been looking for quite a few solid hours and I have come to the decision that Web Wiz Forums 8 is probably still the best way to go. But if anyone feels like making a forum please make it in ASP because they are so few and far between. There are still no ASP forums to match Vbulletin or IPB which is a real shame. Thanks for your help.

I heard that the latest version of Community Server is pretty good, actually. You might want to give it a closer look.

I use Xoops...love it!

I love my Vbulletin but I'm also an SMF fan.

I've used SMF and Vanilla but I am a thru and thru UseBB fan. It is lightweight and extremely customizable. Perfect for my needs. :)

I now use vBulletin. Wow... what a fantastic forum software it is... :)

I now use vBulletin. Wow... what a fantastic forum software it is... :)

I concur :mrgreen: Now if only JelSoft will release their CMS already ...

I concur :mrgreen: Now if only JelSoft will release their CMS already ...

I love the modding community at vBulletin.org. Some great plugins and 3.5.x makes it really easy to install/deinstall plugins. Extensions are great too. I'll be looking to add some soon! :)

BTW, nice to be back here. Long time no see! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.