mixlee 0 Newbie Poster

Here's news: Not everyone likes the look and feel of Office 2007, and Word's interface is the one most people seem unhappy with.

"Office 2007... has a few awesome features (most notable in my mind are the new charting features), however Word in particular is impossible to use." That's from Chris G., a realtor in Pasadena.

Robert N., is the IT guy for a large law firm in Pasadena, and he said, "as a power user, I hate the fact that I can't truly customize the toolbars [in Word 2007] and can't record macros. That's just a humongous step backwards."

Make The Change To Office 2003
If you're stuck with Office 2007, yet yearning for the familiar menu of Office 2003, you now have an option. It's an add-in from Addintools: Classic Menu for Office 2007. It changes the menus for Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. The downside is that at $30, it's fairly expensive. However, you can pick up individual add-ins, say, just for Word, for $16. (Check the screen captures here and grab a trial version here.) [Thanks, Paul, good lead.]

see more:
http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/005682.html