Hello there,
I have a “load” event on a startup form with a notifyicon that starts a timer on another form to execute code at a given time from settings in My.Settings. This works well.
Then I make use of a login form to stop the timer and load the form where the timer is on and adjust My.Settings via numericupdowns to change the given time to execute the code and use a button to start the timer again.

The problem is that it is not using my new settings. I tried My.Settings.Save() – which only works when I restart the app.

The timer is stopped before I adjust the numericupdowns and it does start again on the button exit.

Help please

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

OK - solved

I had my settings dimensioned outside the stored procedure. I moved it back inside the procedure and whola

thanks anyway

Hello there,
I have a “load” event on a startup form with a notifyicon that starts a timer on another form to execute code at a given time from settings in My.Settings. This works well.
Then I make use of a login form to stop the timer and load the form where the timer is on and adjust My.Settings via numericupdowns to change the given time to execute the code and use a button to start the timer again.

The problem is that it is not using my new settings. I tried My.Settings.Save() – which only works when I restart the app.

The timer is stopped before I adjust the numericupdowns and it does start again on the button exit.

Help please

You could also use a setting for first run and then a tickdown timer or updown control to control the number of times the application would run. Also, be sure to hard code dates in your application to keep hackers from back dating the computer or running it forward and installing the application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.